Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which charging handle?

sbpt1911

I just switched to a BCM (medium), and I love it. Particularly if you are in the one-sided-grasp (instead of over-the-top) school . . .

The engineer in me likes the fact that the BCM has more contact between the latch and handle, which should help distribute the force of your pull across the back of the handle, reducing torque and the likelihood of damaging the part.

-- John.

Nordic Components extra strong charging handle. Does all the stuff the otheres do at 1/3 the cost.

That charging handle is the shituff! I am torn between tearing up my PRI gas busters to rob the latch and put it in the much more robust Nordic handles. My PRI only has wear on the right side and that means I'm over torquing during charging which eventually will lead to the dreaded bent handle. Maybe I'll switch after it bends and ruins a stage for me.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Whose CH is JP using in their rifles? I'm wondering if they are using the Nordic?

Mick

Nordic Components extra strong charging handle. Does all the stuff the otheres do at 1/3 the cost.

My 2 year old JP had a standard handle with a badger looking latch. I haven't even looked what the new one has. I assume it's the sane since they are now making those sweet azz side charging handle uppers.

I've ran regular ones with different tac latches & thought they were ok. I now have a Black Rain milled handle with the big tab & its a good program. It is extremely SH (& the latch isnt overly aggressive yet plenty aggressive)