Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

21 + 1 mags

a matt

Hello: Just to let you know the Dawson "SNL" base pads are sometimes too long to fit the gauge. Make sure you check them. I don't think the magic number has to be 21 rounds much anymore since most stages now are more single stack friendly. So if you plan your reloads and the stage is setup with some steel a 18-20 round mag works fine. Thanks, Eric

I don't think the magic number has to be 21 rounds much anymore since most stages now are more single stack friendly. So if you plan your reloads and the stage is setup with some steel a 18-20 round mag works fine. Thanks, Eric

I used to say this all the freaking time, then 2 matches in a row (one in Puyallup WA and one at Sherwood, OR) had 11 paper targets and no obvious place to reload. It's still relatively rare to have stages like these...

FYI, I have STI bodies, SNL basepads and Grams followers and only get 20 in. Must be variablity in the mag bodies and the "sometimes" on the SNL pads.

~Mitch

there is nothing you cant do with a 21 round mag that you can do with an 18. There's alot you can do with a 21 round mag that you cant do with a 18. No reason not to have a 21 or 22 rounder or two.

Here is a cheaper way of doing it,

1 hour of dry fire practice just doing reload will go long ways. this is every single day. EVERY single day.

21+1 if you need to make up just 1 shot you will reload anyway. doing a reload sub-second.. priceless :cheers:

1 hour of dry fire practice just doing reload will go long ways. this is every single day. EVERY single day.

21+1 if you need to make up just 1 shot you will reload anyway. doing a reload sub-second.. priceless :cheers:

But why can't I just solve my deficiencies in training by spending money on hardware??? :roflol:

+1 to this - for me anyway.

I get 20 reloadable everytime and would rather have this and rely on my reload than to try to cram 21 and have to do the occassional double-seat.

I shot a tight 11 paper stage (reloaded after T8) not to long ago and my time would have been better than another (same class) with a 21rnd mag and no reload. "Would have" because it would have helped to reload with a full mag but that's another story... :roflol:

doing a reload sub-second.. priceless :cheers:

But why can't I just solve my deficiencies in training by spending money on hardware??? :roflol:

If you want to spend get;

1 EGW mag gauge from EGW (unless you have one already)

Bolen spring and followers

Grams spring and followers

SNL basepad/s

mix and match

now if you want to go one more step up, get this

1 Dawson Mag Tuning kit (shooters connection or CPWSA)

1 brass hammer (local store)

-this way you get to tune it to run, not to take more rounds, or may take more rounds if you get lucky.

or again, practice dry firing reloading :cheers: its free!!