Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why no lefty *thumb rest [generic]* or thumb rest?

818-DVC

A friend came over to watch me make chips and cut myself on my bridgeport. I was making a custom bracket for a licence plate frame for his Hard tail scooter. He saw what I had cut off with a bandsaw and said it looked like a thumb rest. He persistently inquired why he never saw a lefty thumbrest before.

I figured it may have been because of how few Lefties are in this tiny sport, and the demand must be nil. He argued about slide rackers, and right sided mag releases. I argued back that some people like rackers on the right for akward starts and right side release buttons are cool to use your index finger.

Then I started to wonder why there aren't any thumb rests. does someone have to make 500 of em and submit the paperwork to USPSA? is this big ordeal? So.. why aren't there any lefty thumb rests? Does anybody else except this one jackass I know want one?

JL

We are just naturally brighter than right handed shooters and don't use them. :roflol: :roflol: Sorry, I had to go there.....

Actually the ejection port isn't a concern. I think it is more an economic thing. There just aren't enough of us out there for most manufacturers to justifying the tooling costs.

Because us lefties aren't interested in pushing our second shot down into the C-zone...or into the no-shoot on occluded targets! Is Dave Tuai reading this? :surprise:

~Mitch

kinda gives thumbing a whole new meaning. ;)

I saw the Drummen lefty Caspian before and I seen RIID's too. I'm not a leftist!therefore I do not know these things. You Lefties are weird! I will look for the CR speed. funny they make a lefty *thumb rest [generic]*, but their lefty holster is an inside out righty, screwed together backwards!

Did someone say lefty thumbrest? I make one that has a shield that protects your thumb from having casing any casinng fail and rip a hole in your thumb. I experienced it for my self and I'm glad I had it on. Just got my account squared away so now I can post and answer my mail again.

http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa338/seansumner/

Check this out for now and tell me what you think.

Because us lefties aren't interested in pushing our second shot down into the C-zone...or into the no-shoot on occluded targets! Is Dave Tuai reading this? :surprise:

~Mitch

it's a work in progress mitchell! give me time... :rolleyes: