Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon TR24 or Burris MTAC?

MickB

I already have a Swaro Z6i on one rifle and am looking to put a scope on another.

I was thinking of the Trijicon TR24 with green or red triangle reticle, but then I started thinking about the Burris MTAC.

Any reason to spend the extra dollars and pick the Trijicon over the Burris?

Mick

I already have a Swaro Z6i on one rifle and am looking to put a scope on another.

I was thinking of the Trijicon TR24 with green or red triangle reticle, but then I started thinking about the Burris MTAC.

Any reason to spend the extra dollars and pick the Trijicon over the Burris?

Mick

It is only opinion, but mine would be NO.

Mick,

I removed my TR24 w/Red Triangle Sat. and installed the new MTAC. I don't think it matters under 200 yards but if you are shooting matches with targets at 300-600 yards it will be really fast. I also like the reticle for close up hoser stuff.

The glass seems to be close or equal to the TR24 for clarity and color. Great value for the asking price.

Mick,

I removed my TR24 w/Red Triangle Sat. and installed the new MTAC. I don't think it matters under 200 yards but if you are shooting matches with targets at 300-600 yards it will be really fast. I also like the reticle for close up hoser stuff.

The glass seems to be close or equal to the TR24 for clarity and color. Great value for the asking price.

I guess I should change my avatar now that I am a convert.

After having the Z6i nothing else will ever be acceptable.

That's because you are rich and comfortable and huge!!!! That thing weighs a ton. It is a nice scope for plinking from the back porch. See you next week-I might actually make this match.

That's because you are rich and comfortable and huge!!!! That thing weighs a ton. It is a nice scope for plinking from the back porch. See you next week-I might actually make this match.

What does me winning the $250M lotto and my affinity for steroids and pumping iron have to do with Swarovski making the best scope for 3 gun?

The Swaro is kind of chunky compared to the TR24but so is everything with electronics because the TR24 doesn't have any.

Z6i = 16.2 oz

MTAC = 17 oz

TR24 = 14.4 oz

What does me winning the $250M lotto and my affinity for steroids and pumping iron have to do with Swarovski making the best scope for 3 gun?

The Swaro is kind of chunky compared to the TR24but so is everything with electronics because the TR24 doesn't have any.

Z6i = 16.2 oz

MTAC = 17 oz

TR24 = 14.4 oz

I can't believe you have those numbers. Excellent!

Actually the Z6i does not weigh that much. I have both the TR24 and Z6i BRT.

The Z6i weights 16.2 ounches. The TR24 weighs 14.4 ounches. That is a whopping 2 ounches of difference.

Pat

Actually the Z6i does not weigh that much. I have both the TR24 and Z6i BRT.

The Z6i weights 16.2 ounches. The TR24 weighs 14.4 ounches. That is a whopping 2 ounches of difference.

Pat

I feel it Pat. Just yanking Jesse's daisy chain.

So, what's the diff between the MTAC and the TAC30, other than $100?

The MTAC has two upgrades. First, the illumination is a dial, with 10 settings and off in between each one. The Tac30 has a push button that is hard to change, especially fast. The MTAC also has a true power ring whereas on the Tac30, the whole occular rotated.

If you have it set where you want it and are shooting, there is no difference at all.

Not if you have a cat tail. Plus the power ring allows you to effectively use a rear flip cap if that is important to you....

Mick

Thanks!

I'd have to try them both, but I'm not sure if the power ring is an improvement. Less to grab onto.

I believe the MTAC does not have an auto shutoff, but the TAC30 does. I don't think I've ever used the illumination on my TAC30.

I believe the MTAC does not have an auto shutoff, but the TAC30 does. I don't think I've ever used the illumination on my TAC30.

I do not think the TAC30 has an auto shut off.

At least mine was still on 5 hrs later when I realized I left it on the other night.

I do not think the TAC30 has an auto shut off.

At least mine was still on 5 hrs later when I realized I left it on the other night.

Hmm, both of mine shut off inside of 3 hours...