Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Non-handicaps parking in handicap parking

want2race

I know of at least two people where I work that are misusing their handicap parking hang tags. It drives me nuts to see someone park in a handicap spot and then JUMP out of their car and RUN into the store. Of course, they hang their tag from the mirror first.

Both workplace violators have legitimate tags, for their spouse or for their child. Doesn't mean they can use it for themselves.

I see it all the time, not just at work. One of the teachers at my sons school parked in the HC parking, hung her tag, then got out of her car, grabbed some full boxes and carried them into the school. No limp, no cane, no crutches, not morbidly obese, nothing.

When I smashed my foot I had a leg cast and crutches. I parked far enough away in the lot to give me room to get my crutches out of my truck, then hobbled into the store or where ever. I couldn't even get a temp hang tag. There are people who REALLY need the closer parking but it's always soaked up my somebody abusing it. :angry2:

I agree 100%! There was a woman who used to come to my place of business a few years back that abused it as you mentioned. Her deceased husband had the permanent tag because of a real need for it when he was alive. After he died, she took great pleasure in using the handicapped spaces even though she wasn't authorized the tag for herself. She didn't get a new one that I'm aware of, and at the time she held a pretty high-up office in the local government, so she wasn't your run-of-the-mill idiot. :angry2:

at the time she held a pretty high-up office in the local government, so she wasn't your run-of-the-mill idiot. :angry2:

Holding a high office doesn't necessarily preclude one from being an idiot, in fact the two conditions seem to feed off each other these days.

But I agree that those who abuse the handicap parking system are scum.

I know of at least two people where I work that are misusing their handicap parking hang tags. It drives me nuts to see someone park in a handicap spot and then JUMP out of their car and RUN into the store. Of course, they hang their tag from the mirror first.

Both workplace violators have legitimate tags, for their spouse or for their child. Doesn't mean they can use it for themselves.

I see it all the time, not just at work. One of the teachers at my sons school parked in the HC parking, hung her tag, then got out of her car, grabbed some full boxes and carried them into the school. No limp, no cane, no crutches, not morbidly obese, nothing.

When I smashed my foot I had a leg cast and crutches. I parked far enough away in the lot to give me room to get my crutches out of my truck, then hobbled into the store or where ever. I couldn't even get a temp hang tag. There are people who REALLY need the closer parking but it's always soaked up my somebody abusing it. :angry2:

Shaun,

This is one of my pet peeves also. In order for the HC placard to be valid the person it's registered to must be in the vehicle. It often gives me a warm cozy feeling to provide educational incentives to those that use/abuse placards belonging to others. BTW, in KY it's a $250.00 fine.... :cheers:

Everything is a handicap now.......entitlement at work.

And I agree, if you are large enough to get a sticker, you should have assigned parking at the end of the lot. True medical issues exempt.....not hohootis.

Shaun,

This is one of my pet peeves also. In order for the HC placard to be valid the person it's registered to must be in the vehicle. It often gives me a warm cozy feeling to provide educational incentives to those that use/abuse placards belonging to others. BTW, in KY it's a $250.00 fine.... :cheers:

Steve, that's a conversation I would love to hear! :roflol: (pretty one-sided I'm sure!)

You can thank the aging of the baby boomers, the so-called "Me Generation," for ruining the entire concept of handicapped parking.

Apparently being a lazy-ass ex-hippie is all it takes to qualify these days.

I actually had a idiot park in the lift-zone BETWEEN two handicapped spots. Couldn't leave because there was no room for my lift to come out of the side of my van. Had to literally wait 2 hours at the medical building for the ****head to move. He did have a nice ticket waiting for him on his windshield though; I wonder who it was that complained? :roflol:

Honestly, I don't think most people even know what the lift-zones are or what they are for. Obviously this guy didn't care one way or the other, but better signs might make others think twice about risking it without a permit (AND for the people who DO have permits, but don't stay in there spot and take up 1/2 to 1/4 of the next spot's lift-zone.)