Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Rules Regarding Shoes

Louis Walker

That's a new one on me.

I've shot more than one stage with white shrimping boots.

We call them Cedar Key sneakers down here.... :roflol:

It's what the locals wear when they are tired of going barefoot....

Flour Bluff ropers here.-----------Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Someone made the comment at a USPSA match that you have to use the same shoes you start with for the entirety of a match. Is this true? It seams that if I started out using a running shoe but then there is a downpour it should be acceptable for me to change to a more aggressive shoe (potentially a molded cleat) for safety purposes. I can't find a concrete answer and I tried several different searches of the current USPSA rule book.

Thanks!

First ... How far would we want to carry the analogy? Should we have to wear the same underwear and socks? (Just being silly, but you get my point.) I'm not aware of any requirement to wear the same footwear for the entire match. The only requirement is for "equipment," or more specifically, the gun and holster.

Second ... I remember some years back shooting with someone in VA, on a regular basis, who would always shoot the match BAREFOOT!

Johnny Hutchison

:cheers: Wow, does this really even need to be discussed, F!@#$%^&*( DUH!

I think somone needs to ask Amidon for a ruling :ph34r: - you know, just to be sure!

I'd sure hate to get bumped to open for using "prototype" shoes!! :devil:

I know for a fact my shoes fit the box they came in!

That's important. They must fit in the original box. No white dots on them enabling you to determine if they go on the left or right foot. No slip ons as they give you a " significant competitive advantage", no sweep of the body by the shoe, laces must be original to the shoe, people with stinky shoes will be DQ.

That's important. They must fit in the original box. No white dots on them enabling you to determine if they go on the left or right foot. No slip ons as they give you a " significant competitive advantage", no sweep of the body by the shoe, laces must be original to the shoe, people with stinky shoes will be DQ.

I don't have a dang thing in my house that fits in the original box!

I am going to make my shoes match my socks at the next match = one black shoe one white shoe.

If most of the moving is to the left I will put the light shoe on the outside of the arc so that foot moves just a bit faster.

Hmm, sounds like the dot in the magwell for production. You can see your foot sooner, so competitive advantage, have to bump you to Open.