STI Trojan - .40 S&W - WHAT MAGS?

38SuperDub

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

My Tripp mags hang up on the release. I would go with Wilson's

TGO informed me of this today. If the magazine is dropped empty or near empty, it is likely to stick and not drop.

I have 6 of the 10R-10mm-RG from Dawson on the way:

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80001B6D-1377633602

I want to make sure I have the right gear to play SS Major/Minor as well as L10 (I want to be able to do reentries with the same gun).

Thanks for the help

• 7 months later...

Im still in the process of reloading .40, waiting for my sti trojan to get to my ffl. Just curious, can I use factory .40 ammo in tripo 10mm mags?

Per Tripp you should be able to. I was having some nose diving issues with my Trojan .40 and sent it to Tripp for their reliability package and now it runs anything from factory to 1.200" without a hitch in my Tripp "Corey" mags and also with the standard followers.

Im still in the process of reloading .40, waiting for my sti trojan to get to my ffl. Just curious, can I use factory .40 ammo in tripo 10mm mags?

One thing you should remember is that .40 single stack is not too friendly with flat nose bullets. If you do shoot them, I strongly recommend you never ever go into slide lock, or you could lose precious seconds.

Round nose will feed up the ramp flawlessly.

Per Tripp you should be able to. I was having some nose diving issues with my Trojan .40 and sent it to Tripp for their reliability package and now it runs anything from factory to 1.200" without a hitch in my Tripp "Corey" mags and also with the standard followers.

Thank you. Ordering them this week. 9 days til I can pick her up. Hopefully my first match in SS after that!!!