Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland ELS

Took a few nights but I believe I've got it set up how I want it. Main reason I got it is I had pulling stuff off and on my CR Speed belt. I had a Safariland 5188 a buddy gave me, picked up some 773 mag pouches off here and set up my dedicated 3 gun rig.

DSC_02862.JPG

DSC_0294.JPG

Im a 33 - 34 waist, so I got a 36 belt. I don't believe I could fit any more on it. Here is what it consists of:

032 Belt

5 ELS Kits

QLS Holster Attachment

5188 Holster

6 Mountain Man Engineering Shotgun Caddies

2 Safariland 773 Magazine Pouches

1 Bladetech AR Magazine Pouch

Very nice! I've been window shopping this one myself...

How stiff is the 032 belt compared to the CR Speed?

When you say you are 33-34 waist, is that what size pants you wear? How much overlap of the size 36" outer belt is there on you?

Thanks!

-Randy

Yes, I wear either a 33 or 34 pant size. It is just as stiff as my CR Speed - maybe a little more since it's new. The overlap is about 3-4 inches after the metal prongs. It stops about 1-2 inches from the AR mag pouch. I couldn't add another ELS receiver unless I placed it on the overlap.

If you need more room, Safariland makes a thigh plate that drops down a bit. I know Scott Carnahan uses one. I think he set it up so that the belt attachement is an ELS clip. If you need some extra whatever, just add the drop down and put another 4 whatevers on it. I think he even attached a receiver plate to the belt attachment so he didn't lose that belt spot.

I just got my ELS Belt and Kit last night...was super excited when I came inside smiling....then opened it and realized I ordered only 1 kit and not 4 kits lol So I got the pistol holster and 1 mag pouch on the belt so far lol But ordered more last night and look forward to getting the others and have it ready for ProAm :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How do those grey clips attach to your shotgun shell holders?

Do you have to drill and tap each one for the two screws?

I like to use the 4x4 shell holders from AP Custom and was wondering if they can be attached to this belt?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Contego Group is a rep for both Optics Planet and Safariland. Good people and great prices. I ordered most of my ELS set up through them. Most likely have to wait one way or the other. Might as well save some moneyand go with someplace other than Safariland direct. Edited by jdknotts1

• 3 weeks later...

HELP! I'm trying to set up some to show our new products team that we need to carry the ELS. I got the attachment kits with the T-nuts and screws but the screw head holding the plate to the belt seems to bind on the fork. Am I doing something wrong? I trimmed the screw heads, that worked. Used some regular 8-32 screws (smaller OD and thickness) and that worked. Dremelled a bit on the fork, that seemed to help. Seems like you should just be able to use their parts without modification. I should be able to figure this out but I'm stumped.

Nice setup. I was contemplating the ELS a while back but just wasn't quite ready to jump in and switch everything over.

What do you think about the QLS vs the ELS for the holster attachment? Would the ELS be strong/wide enough to support the holster and keep it from flopping around? Or is the QLS the more stable way to go?

Will the ELS plates and locking forks work with non-Safariland belts, or do you need the Safariland system belt?

The 032 Safariland belt has holes drilled into it to accept the ELS plates. I guess if you drill holes into another manufactured belt, you could get the plates to fit yea..

Will the ELS plates and locking forks work with non-Safariland belts, or do you need the Safariland system belt?

The 032 Safariland belt has holes drilled into it to accept the ELS plates. I guess if you drill holes into another manufactured belt, you could get the plates to fit yea..

Good point...thanks! I need another belt anyhow.

ELS forks will fit Blade tech holsters just fine. I've also adapted ELS forks to CR Speed mag pouches. Just but a T-nut and appropriate screw and star lock washer from Ace hardware.

Mick

The ELS forks won't fit any of the holsters. The QLS is specifically designed for holsters. The ELS is only designed for equipment.