Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which airsoft pistol

XDmgunner

Hey folks... planning on adding airsoft training into my winter routine this year. I've looked over the major dealers and am thinking of going with the KWA PTP 1911. I shoot an XDm in production and there is no airsoft equivalent, though the control are different I think the KWA would fit the bill. Anyone out there have any experience with the PTP, should I be looking at a different model? Any feed back is appreciated!

I have two of the KWA 1911 double stacks - basically an STI 4.25" Tactical clone - I like them. PTP looks like a traditional single stack 1911. The double stack frame may feel more like the XDm than a single stack. I'm sure you'll be happy either way.

~Mitch

I got one here off the forum from Scott and before that bought one from a local airsoft store down the street from work. They don't carry KWA anymore, so I was happy when I saw Scott selling an identical gun. Gonna put a C-more on one of them to get a similar sight picture and grip to my open gun.

~Mitch

Thanks Mitch... I had look at the DS however KWA no longer makes them and parts and mags are scarce. KWA says they will be releasing the updated version soon called the 2011 Formula 5.1, it will be available with options like a magwell and adjustable sites... unfortunately there is no soild release date.

I'm looking for a 2011 doublestack but I'm not finding much available? I'm new to the airsoft pistols...any recommendations?

Check Tokyo Marui and WE... a couple of good airsoft retailers are Airsoft gi, Evike, Airsoft Atlanta, Airsoft Megastores... also check out BAM airsoft for some excellent training information!

Tokyo Marui pistols are the way to go for IPSC training. They are great out of the box and have plenty of parts from stock to upgrades. Easy to repair with videos on YT to help you take them apart and back together.

• 4 weeks later...

There is an airsoft company that specializes in IPSC pistols and tactical rifles in HI; I forget the name of them but is you google Hawaii Airsoft they will come up, that's how I found them.

Hey folks... planning on adding airsoft training into my winter routine this year. I've looked over the major dealers and am thinking of going with the KWA PTP 1911. I shoot an XDm in production and there is no airsoft equivalent, though the control are different I think the KWA would fit the bill. Anyone out there have any experience with the PTP, should I be looking at a different model? Any feed back is appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

No Airsoft SP01 yet, but I do use a We Hi-Capa 5.1, which is a decent, heavy gun that rides in the same belt. A little work on the slide stop and it fires semiauto without pellets, as a little extra.

or some paper stuffed in the mag :cheers:

• 2 months later...

Agreed, just picked up a certificate at Area 2 from them, awesome stuff although, the guns should be well researched; there is guy from Japan, that now lives in the Phoeniz, AZ. area, Manueki is his name, former Japanese airsoft champion, he has the most knowledge on this subject that I have ever encountered; you should be able to find him thru the Rio Salada Club.

Go to BAM Airsoft. Everything you could want without all the junk.

Edited by MQW

• 5 months later...

I picked up a KJW KP6 which is a replica of my 6" S_I Eagle, except for the full length dust cover (mine is a short). Works very well and, since the slide was lightened on my real Eagle, the KJW has close to the same feel. Haven't shot it a whole lot since getting a week ago but so far so good.