Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

American Defense Mount

fritzthemoose

Anyone any experience with them? and if yes which one for an AR 15 for IPSC. Tehy seem to be cheaper than ARMS and most other but not the same price range like some of the real junk. They seem to offer also a good value here in Europe as they are not really much more expensive than in the US while other ones are like 3 times the price here.

I run ADM and BOBRO mounts they are top notch and have beat the others in just about every torture test out there. I have always had the ADMs return zero and they don't dig into your rails like the LArue mounts which costs more.

I run ADM and BOBRO mounts they are top notch and have beat the others in just about every torture test out there. I have always had the ADMs return zero and they don't dig into your rails like the LArue mounts which costs more.

Bobro are much more expensive than ADM here. It will be between ADM und ARMS. ARMS is a little bid more expensive but not by much. However I will have to put the scope very high as I will be shooting right handed with the left eye. I know I can do it easily with the ARMS but not sure if its that easy with the ADM too

Bobro are much more expensive than ADM here. It will be between ADM und ARMS. ARMS is a little bid more expensive but not by much. However I will have to put the scope very high as I will be shooting right handed with the left eye. I know I can do it easily with the ARMS but not sure if its that easy with the ADM too

ARMS have a weak lever that will break easy. ADM has a mount just as high as any ARMS mount. Between the two hands down ADM over ARMS.

ARMS have a weak lever that will break easy. ADM has a mount just as high as any ARMS mount. Between the two hands down ADM over ARMS.

which one would u recommend considering shooting right handed with the left eye. I mean wich ADM

which one would u recommend considering shooting right handed with the left eye. I mean wich ADM

I can't see a mount helping that issue at all. With a long gun you pretty much have to shoot with the eye that coorosponds to your shooting arm. ADM mounts are fine but I prefer Larue.

Pat

I have the ADM mount and have had no issues at all. IIRC, it's the ReconX model. Like strangedays mentioned they don't dig into the rails and hold zero (as long as you put it back in the same place...).

I have the ADM mount and have had no issues at all. IIRC, it's the ReconX model. Like strangedays mentioned they don't dig into the rails and hold zero (as long as you put it back in the same place...).

the recon x is very forward ist it better for eye relieve than the recon h

The extended version can make you place your scope more forward, some eyes like it, some eyes dont, i use the recon, but not the extended version :)

I have both, ADM and Larue, can't go wrong with both. Pros and Cons on both is the tool less adjustment of ADM sometimes proves it to be too tight or a bit not tight. the Larue, you have to have its wrench, but you can 100% be just right on the tension for its mount.

Edited by sandman_sy

Like mentioned above the RECON is the one I use and the one I think would work best for what you need. I know a guy who shoots the same way as you and the RECON is perfect for him. Don't listen to the Larue hype when you can get an ADM and BOBRO for a better price and in the end you get a better mount also.

I have been using an ADM recon x on my AR for awhile now, very high quality mount. Recently got one of they're new 20moa mounts for my latest 260 AR build. ADM makes excellent mounts!

Edited by rc2125

I like the ADM mounts, have owned Bobro and Larue as well

In short, they work.

I run the Scout on several rifles and have tested the RTZ numerous times.

I also think they look really clean.

The Vortex mount is made / the same as a American Defense mount. I like them and I get great repeatability with both of them that Have. easy to adjust from two guns with different size rails. As in when I put one of my great Razor scopes on my rim-fire S&W 15 -22 for cheep practice, I can adjust the mount with out tools for the 1/2 turn extra and thin back out 1/2 turn when it goes back on my regular AR.

I like the Larue mount too , but I like the Vortex Logo on my mounts ;)

Like mentioned above the RECON is the one I use and the one I think would work best for what you need. I know a guy who shoots the same way as you and the RECON is perfect for him. Don't listen to the Larue hype when you can get an ADM and BOBRO for a better price and in the end you get a better mount also.

What is your problem with Larue? Its like your on a one man mission to slam them whenever you get a chance.

Larue has a well earned reputation for making solid mounts. Frankly the way you talk about them shows your inexperience with them. I have never met an un happy Larue owner. ADM makes a solid product and I own one but Larue is a better product in my opinion. I can adjust the Larue just right while the ADM is either too tight or loose. Just the way it is. Never tried the Bobro. Your slamming a company that makes great products and supports the sport quite a bit. Before you slam them again you should back up what you are saying. You talked about real world tests but never showed anything. Your slandering a good company with no evidence and most of us here know just how good Larue mounts are.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

What is your problem with Larue? Its like your on a one man mission to slam them whenever you get a chance.

Larue has a well earned reputation for making solid mounts. Frankly the way you talk about them shows your inexperience with them. I have never met an un happy Larue owner. ADM makes a solid product and I own one but Larue is a better product in my opinion. I can adjust the Larue just right while the ADM is either too tight or loose. Just the way it is. Never tried the Bobro. Your slamming a company that makes great products and supports the sport quite a bit. Before you slam them again you should back up what you are saying. You talked about real world tests but never showed anything. Your slandering a good company with no evidence and most of us here know just how good Larue mounts are.

Pat

Strangedays.....we get it. You personally don't like LaRue mounts. On several other boards you have posted your issues and it is simply a major personal one. This forum however values objective assessment much higher than the personally motivated vindicitiveness that you post in every LaRue thread across other gun forums, maybe it's time to tone it down.

The fact is JP, LaRue, ADM, BOBRO, AUD, Spuhr et al all manufacturer excellent quality mounts with high degrees of precision manufacture, repeatability, and quality control. These manufacturers also offer some of the best customer service.

The kicker on all these is that both JP and LaRue support our sport on a level that all the other manufacturers combined cannot match. Couple that with both companies unrivaled support of those who stand in harms way and you have every reason to put them at the top of the list of manufacturers to purchase mounts from.

Have not found a Larue here in Europe yet. OK I was not looking hard yet but ARMS and ADM or Bobro and some others are easy to find. So I guess it will be an ADM or a Bobro if I run into a good deal.

ADM I have only found on Midway Germany so far so have to look for another place to buy if possible. Or getting it directly from the US but its hard to find a shop that ships out of the US as mosts dont wont foreign business. Have to check if its ITAR then but dont think so as Midway Germany offers it too cheap for ITAR.

I have used LaRue, ADM and ARMS and for the most part that is also my order of preference. Primarily the LaRue and ADM for the lock lever adjustability. Though I understand that ARMS now makes some of there mounts with an adjustable lever.

Pat

Strangedays.....we get it. You personally don't like LaRue mounts. On several other boards you have posted your issues and it is simply a major personal one. This forum however values objective assessment much higher than the personally motivated vindicitiveness that you post in every LaRue thread across other gun forums, maybe it's time to tone it down.

The fact is JP, LaRue, ADM, BOBRO, AUD, Spuhr et al all manufacturer excellent quality mounts with high degrees of precision manufacture, repeatability, and quality control. These manufacturers also offer some of the best customer service.

The kicker on all these is that both JP and LaRue support our sport on a level that all the other manufacturers combined cannot match. Couple that with both companies unrivaled support of those who stand in harms way and you have every reason to put them at the top of the list of manufacturers to purchase mounts from.

Your response is evident that you have Not looked at why I do not like the mounts. Larue has some good uppers, lowers and a nice V-tac sling with their name on it.

I just won't sick back and drink the kool aid that Mark tries to give away through all his fanboys. His mounts are solid but fall short from what I would want from a $200 mount. You did bring up Spuhr which for a none QD mount is great. The JP is a good none QD mount also. I have spent some serious time behind all the QD mounts and will call it how it is. As long as people try to push Larue I will always give them a Better mount idea at a better price :)

Pat

Your response is evident that you have Not looked at why I do not like the mounts. Larue has some good uppers, lowers and a nice V-tac sling with their name on it.

I just won't sick back and drink the kool aid that Mark tries to give away through all his fanboys. His mounts are solid but fall short from what I would want from a $200 mount. You did bring up Spuhr which for a none QD mount is great. The JP is a good none QD mount also. I have spent some serious time behind all the QD mounts and will call it how it is. As long as people try to push Larue I will always give them a Better mount idea at a better price :) and talk about company bashing have you ever seen or heard what Mr Larue has to say about everyone else? He is their weakest point.

Well as a user of Larue mounts and ADM Larue is much better. :sight:

I have used Larue mounts for over 7 years now in matches,in training, and in real life on calls. They have done just fine by me. The reason larue fan boys as you call us like their products so much is they work.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Yesterday while tending my grill in the backyard, I realized I was indeed a LaRue fanboy. I was standing there with my LaRue hat on, grillin some stakes sprinkled with dillo dust, swigen on a cold one I had opened with my LaRue beverage survival tool. I even have a couple of christmas cards around here someplace from LaRue. Oh ya, even have a few of their mounts. I have tried most of the others and while most were ok, they are long gone yet the LaRue mounts remain. Must be something they put in the dillo dust.....

Edited by mpeltier

For the dollars, I would say they're in ways better than Larue's. The Larue is super rugged, etc. but often feel it's over built. That's fine if you're taking a beach head, but we're not. The ADM mounts have larger bearing surface than the Larue's and re-zero perfectly on my rifles.

Buy with confidence.

What about weight differences between the AMDs and Larues. Say between an x-mount and a 139E. The Larue which I have on my rifle seems heavy, but I do not know how it compares to a similar AMDor others.

Edited by olp73