Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Knee pain

Round_Gun_Shooter

What I hate is the fact knee pain is ruining my summer. Work needs to take preference over shooting and the hot weather is taking a toll on my body.

Exercise has become a chore (but I still do it), shooting has become a chore (but I still do it), work is still work ( guess that is why they call it that), This weekend I will shoot, Monday I will start a heating boiler change (650# coming out, 500# going in) Then the healing starts all over again. It takes longer every week.

Over the years there have been a lot of various injuries. Knees are the worse. Wish when I started this 30 years ago, I used knee pads. At this point in my life, knee replacement is not an option so I now pick and choose when and where I shoot and at times turn work away.

On certain stages I will take a penalty rather than kneel. I have done everything I can find to make this work and I hate it is no longer working.

I hate going to matches and feeling like I do not do my part because I sometimes have to sit to get the pain to stop while most are helping. It is a little depressing at times and takes the enjoyment out of the game. Major matches are no longer an option.

Today I am starting the day with 3 Alleve to get up and going and hope to shoot this weekend. I already backed out of a short Saturday match. Later in the week acupuncture and Chiro. Drinking a gallon of water a day and trying to keep moving.

I really hate the fact I may not be shooting much longer. I really enjoy the people and the game.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Tore up my knee setting up for our april match. First time I ever pleaded for surgery ASAP. I had surgery 10 days later. Fast fwd. 13 weeks and I'm back shooting, enjoying the shooting sports and having a great time. My knee is still stiff, I work it nearly every day, but it does feel stronger every day. I'm thankful for my wife's support, orthopedic team and having health insurance. Had the injury been a little less serious I may not have had surgery. Knee pain is debilitating and can turn into chronic degeneration of your joint. Address your problem, surgery if needed, you'll be glad you made the decision to remove knee pain from your every day activities.

After one neck surgery, two aleft ankle surgeries, three back surgeries and six (yeah, six) surgeries, I can sympathize with you. It sometimes makes it hard to be enthusiastic about doing anything, because something always hurts.

I end up taking three methadone a day for the pain. Still doesn't help so next month the VA is putting me into a Pain Management program to see what will finally work if anything.

You have to take the good days with the bad and make the best of it.

Good luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

AGREED, KNEE PAIN BLOWS :cheers:

I have 2 knees..both of them hurt!! some days it is the right..others it is the left...and on the really bad days it is both.

The recovery time seems to be longer and longer after every match...I guess it is soon to be better living thru chemistry...come on vicodin, the better number upper!! Vicodin really doesnt stop the pain, you just dont care anymore.

Although the alternative is the dirt nap so I guess I will bear the pain.