Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts on these 2 tumblers

Bayou

I was at Bass Pro today and was looking at tumblers and came home and did some online looking also between the Lyman Pro Magnum 2500 with and with and without the autoflo and the one by Grafs (Berry's). The Grafs sais it's a 4 quart that will hold 1,000 9mm but that has to be all cases and no media since the bowl appears to be like the smaller tumblers at Bass Pro. The Lyman 2500 sais 1,000 38's but looks larger than the grafs. Any clue on these two.

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...productId/5395

can get for 42.99

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/10459

can get for 62.99

The Frankford Aresnal lasted me 2 years and the plastic bucket cracked. I bought a Lymann 2500, it does a much better job of cleaning and holds a 3# coffee can full of brass, and it is quiet. I've only been running it for a year but its been good so far. Worth the extra money.

I know it is cheap but I have been running my Frankford Aresenal tumbler for about two years. Probably 15000 rounds and I have been happy with it. When and if it goes down, I wilp probably get a Dillon.

I've got a lyman turbo twin that I picked up at the local bass pro. I really like the liquid bowl it came with, because my case feeder and ninja media don't like each other.

The tumbler is relatively quiet and after 1.5yrs of moderate use, seems to be holding up well.

seems like all of them use the exact same motors, and all of them are hit and miss, I had a midway that lasted for 6 or 7 years running alot. Burnt up got replaced for free ran a couple years, died, bought a cabelas, dont think it lasted a couple months, bought a lyman, lasted a couple months also. All of those had the same motors. Went with the dillon 750, has a much better stronger motor, been running like a top for 4 years so far.

Well I ended up going with the grafs tumbler, I'll try it for $42. If it doesnt work out or last I'll try something different. Thanks for the responces, next up 9mm powder and load choices.