Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any good instructors in NC?

dukeguy

Does anyone know any good instructors in North Carolina? I mean something more than the usual CCW or Basic Pistol courses? I've done some Google searches that have turned up a few, but I know nothing about any of them and I don't want to just hand over several hundred $ to someone I know nothing about.

Todd Jarret is a few hours North of Raleigh. He has a few classes scheduled in the near future. There's also an instructor in the Greensboro / High Point area. Lot's of people have used him. I would get opinions of other customers before signing up with anyone.

Dukeguy,

We build weapons for some excellent shooters/instructors in the Carolina's. PM me and we may be able to match you up with exactly what you are looking for and provide references.

BHE

York,SC

I saw Dean Brevit at an IDPA match a couple or three years ago. He is very personable and shoots really fast and accurate. He was using a Mod. 625 S&W that day, and missed having fastest overall time by a second or two. I got to talk to him after the match and if time permits in the near future, I would like to be in some of his classes. There are a lot of good shooters in NC.

+1 for Mr. Brevit. He got me going in the right direction in the sport when I was *seriously* struggling. He's a great shooter, but has the heart of a teacher. Great to work with.

• 3 weeks later...

If you or anyone that is willing to put in the practice and has a real desire to improve at uspsa competition... I will be willing to help you out for no charge. I am a open class grandmaster of 10 years ago and I have started back this year. I am located approx. 20 miles north of Winston Salem and I have a range at my house. I am back to give a little back to the sport. I can be reached at lkiser69@gmail.com Subject line, brians forum. Lee Kiser TY 35186