Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Haboob - freak of nature

Yeah, it rearranged my backyard pretty good. Tore the roof off my Gazebo (glad I had the frame bolted to the cement). Tore a few tiles off my roof, one flew into the a/c unit housing :surprise: . Did a great job on changing the color of my car to brown and also reloacted a tree for me which I have to deal with after work... 75mph winds will do stuff like this.

Pretty cool to watch, sucks to clean up after.. :roflol:

The-Phoenix-Haboob-of-July-5th-2011.jpg

Brian, don't know if you caught ch 12 news last night while the wall pushed through the valley... but the news anchor on 12 just kept saying Ha-BOOB like 40 times...with more emphasis on the BOOB part while checking out the rack on the blonde anchor....cracked me up!! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Brian, don't know if you caught ch 12 news last night while the wall pushed through the valley... but the news anchor on 12 just kept saying Ha-BOOB like 40 times...with more emphasis on the BOOB part while checking out the rack on the blonde anchor....cracked me up!! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

I missed that - but I do love the word haBOOB!

:)

I missed that - but I do love the word haBOOB!

:)

I have never heard of the word "haBOOB" before so, you can imagine my hesitation after reading the thread title...

I have never heard of the word "haBOOB" before so, you can imagine my hesitation after reading the thread title...

Hesitation?????....Anything with 'BOOB' in the title must be checked out immediately!

I have to say, that's one of the most gnarly looking things I've ever seen. So a question for all you that witnessed it, how much notice did you have to seek some cover and how long did it last? I've never been in a dust storm so I'm curious as to how it all went down. Definitely looks like something straight out of the movies!!

Hesitation?????....Anything with 'BOOB' in the title must be checked out immediately!

I have to say, that's one of the most gnarly looking things I've ever seen. So a question for all you that witnessed it, how much notice did you have to seek some cover and how long did it last? I've never been in a dust storm so I'm curious as to how it all went down. Definitely looks like something straight out of the movies!!

those who have lived here very long would have known it was coming for about 4 hours. Probably didn't know it would be that large.

2 separate thunder storms started moving from Tucson toward Phoenix in the afternoon, then they merged into 1. Out here when thunderstorms that big fall apart they send a huge outflow for miles. As far as local news notification that's hard to say I didn't watch as most are pretty clueless.

BTW I've been here of and on since 1967 and I don't remember one this big that made a direct hit on the cities. Heck there still dust in the air today.

When it is combined with "freak of nature" I am not in so much of a hurry...

You all are famous, it made the news here in Cincinnati!

I should post the footage of my backyard during the storm.

For a Northern transplant, it was the equivalent of heck of a coastal storm with a ton of sandy colored fog.. that tasted really bad. :goof:

Made cleaning the pool that much harder with all the palm fronds tossed in it. :devil: