Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best alternative for tac30

• 2 weeks later...

What is the next best alternative to the burris tac30 1-4x ? I cannt find one anywhere. Would it be the nikon or leatherwood or something else?

Thanks

steve

I decided to go with the Leatherwood CMR. (Couldn't find a TAC 30 anywhere). Read some good reviews on it and ordered it from Optics Planet. Should arrive tomorrow and I'll take it to the range Thursday. I'll let you know what I think, IMHO of course.

I have been searching for tac30 for almost a month now. The demand for these things is out of control!

Supply has been hindered due to some issues surrounding the Japan quake and nuclear plant damage. Burris is working hard to rectify the situation.

If I just had a crate of Tac30s and JP LMOS carriers, I could make a lot of people very happy...

Unless you can find one at a retailer who forgot he had one, I would not hold my breath until sometime in August...

I literally took a Tac30 off my backup for a build for a customer going to RM3G because I don't think they will be here in time.

I have a TAC 30 on my .223 rifle and really like it.

I needed glass on my 308 AR, so I got a Vortex Viper PST. It's a little more than the TAC 30, but so far, I am impressed.

How would you say the two compare....pros/cons of each? Price difference worth it? Always good to hear from people with first hand experience of both. I really like my Viper PST but have never seen a Tac30; thinking about getting one for another rifle.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! That link leads to a pretty good deal...here it is for the 'no clicky' crowd:

REFERENCE:

Order a Burris Fullfield Tac 30 1-4x24 for $299.95 and receive the new Burris MTAC 1-4x24 that originally sells for $399.95 at the $299.95 price.

****You will only get ONE scope. Order the Tac-30 for $299.95 and we will ship you the new MTAC for the price you paid for the Tac-30 ($299.95) which is $100.00 off the price of the new MTAC.****

HERE'S HOW

1. Click this link: http://swfa.com/Burris-1-4x24-Fullfield-TAC-30-Tactical-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P48171.aspx

2. Add to cart

3. Checkout Now

4. Enter coupon code BO in the coupon code field.

5. Complete and submit order

6. You're finished and you will receive this scope: http://swfa.com/Burris-1-4x24-MTAC-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P50898.aspx

*There's no discount applied to your order with the coupon code. The code is to help us decipher on our end which orders need to switched to the MTAC scope.

** Yes we will take care of the order on our end and make sure you receive the MTAC.

Wow wish I waited before getting ripped off on one with a bad parallax in the wanted section

At what distance ? Did you call Burris?

At a 100 yds it moved 8" to 12" ..in the manual it just lists the address. So I sent it off today

EDIT: found number on there website and I took your advice and gave them a call. They said it would be a easy fix and I should have it back in 4 to 6 weeks

Edited by sdm74

Yep, got some MTACs today. They are essentially the Tac30 with 2 of the 3 thrings I wanted improved, but I take it!

For 2012, MTACs will be about $399 and Tac30s about $299, so the SWFA deal is really good. We will be running them at RM3G.

The power ring won't accept the Tac30 Switchview, ThrowLever, ScopeLever, etc.

Thanks for the heads up. I already have a TAC30 but I ordered one since it improves on the 2 of things I don't like about the TAC30.

Were those 2 things the magnification and dimmer controls?

Dimmer control and the eyepiece moves with the magnification ring.

EDIT: found number on there website and I took your advice and gave them a call. They said it would be a easy fix and I should have it back in 4 to 6 weeks

Stuff can break, but you got to love the Forever Warranty, even if bought used... :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...