Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Shirts

Glockster35

An observation: I have several TW and other manufacturer shirts that I rotate. I noticed that nearly all of the non-techwear shirts are showing pilling on the gut and on my gun side. The Techwear shirts still look like new after 2 1/2 seasons of wear.

BB

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I called TW a bit back and wanted to put XD logo on along with some other stuff - since I shoot XD some of the time in production. They told me that Springfield will not give permission to do that so still holding off on the shirt. Interesting that some companies do take the free advertising and some will not.

I shoot an XDM and wanted that logo on my shirt. I spent a few weeks trying to get permission and was told by the head of marketing at Springfield that they would NEVER give permission to an individual to use that logo... Bummed me out

You should email them back and tell them you bought a Glock or M&P.

Anyway...my Gemini shirts shipped on Friday and I should have them soon. You guys will get to see my modeling pose once they arrive.

I called TW a bit back and wanted to put XD logo on along with some other stuff - since I shoot XD some of the time in production. They told me that Springfield will not give permission to do that so still holding off on the shirt. Interesting that some companies do take the free advertising and some will not.

I shoot an XDM and wanted that logo on my shirt. I spent a few weeks trying to get permission and was told by the head of marketing at Springfield that they would NEVER give permission to an individual to use that logo... Bummed me out

What sucks is I like their guns - and that is about it. Glock has a special deal called blue label for vets and LE - nothing with Springfield, same with the logo deal, but they are more than happy to sell you their shirts so they can't say they don't want less than great shooters using the mark. Switched to CZ (not just because of the logo but it helped) but that gun is broke and back to using my XD Tactical. I see that Canyon Creek got to use it but they are a dealer with a sponsored team so I guess that is different. Anyway, makes you wonder about the company - if something this trivial they won't help you on what would happen with something even bigger....

Just a thought

I'm not sponsored shooter either and I mostly wear long sleeved racing track t-shirts during my matches. I use to go racing @ willow spring and buttonwillow... Wish I could get a laguna seca long sleeve shirt... Anyone out there wanna sell me long sleeve shirts from racing track near you ??? pls pm me... but has to be 3xl cuz I'm a big boy...

LOL! Looks like we now have an equipment race in clothing! Poor newbies will see that their cotton tee-shirt just can't cut it and pack up and leave....

goof.gif

you are so right about the escalated equipment race.

In my stuffiest holier than thou voice,

Rule 5.3.1 The use of offensive or objectionable garments is not allowed.

I find Tee shirts to be in poor taste and highly objectionable!roflol.gif

This made me LOL :roflol::cheers:

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old post but I'm thinking about putting together some techwear shirts...

Seeing how I'm not special enough (ok, I'm special, but the wrong type of special) to have sponsors, I was thinking about doing a zombie theme'd shirt... Would anyone be interested?

Sorry to resurrect an old post but I'm thinking about putting together some techwear shirts...

Seeing how I'm not special enough (ok, I'm special, but the wrong type of special) to have sponsors, I was thinking about doing a zombie theme'd shirt... Would anyone be interested?

I'd wear it, something like your avatar?

I might be interested in this design.

I would probably use the avatar that I have as the backing of the shirt and then something small on the front...

I'm not one for very flashy designs, but I would be willing to take input...

Totally agree,solid color shirt, your avatar on back and maybe a small design over the right or left chest, you know pocket size. Yes, we need to do this

Edited by rupture

Make them in orange. I'd rock that.

Black is too hot to ever wear outside for a match.

I was originally thinking white or black, but I will have to see what will look good with the logo's and such...

Also, are you guys thinking the zip up style?

Edited by midget

Make them in orange. I'd rock that.

Black is too hot to ever wear outside for a match.

I was originally thinking white or black, but I will have to see what will look good with the logo's and such...

Also, are you guys thinking the zip up style?

I think white will get filthy quick and black will get hot, maybe grey with logo in white or black.

As of right now I just wear various "activewear" shirts. UnderArmor, Champion, NordicTrac, etc. They're light and comfortable. I want to spring for some "proper" shooting jerseys from Gemini or Techwear but I still have higher priority items on my wishlist to take care of as funds become available. When I do make the plunge though I'm not sure I'm going to get any manufacturer's logos. I'd just feel self-conscious about trying to look like I was sponsored (and my shooting DEFINITELY don't warrant no sponsor :D). I'll probably just get a neat print design, my name, and the USPSA and Steel Challenge logos on it.

Reminder: Group buys are not permitted on Brian's forums. The full forum guidelines can be found here for a refresher: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I will not be setting this up as a group buy then, rather I will get the design into Techwear and allow each purchase it individually (I didn't want to handle money anways :) )

An observation: I have several TW and other manufacturer shirts that I rotate. I noticed that nearly all of the non-techwear shirts are showing pilling on the gut and on my gun side. The Techwear shirts still look like new after 2 1/2 seasons of wear.

BB

That says allot - if you think paying a couple dollars less for a shirt from a new comer to the sport then will get you more for your money this post says it all. Techwear does have the best quality shirt on the market.

Reminder: Group buys are not permitted on Brian's forums. The full forum guidelines can be found here for a refresher: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I will not be setting this up as a group buy then, rather I will get the design into Techwear and allow each purchase it individually (I didn't want to handle money anways :) )

I would def contact Sue on it. It would be great for their dealer forum if they wanted to sell them.