Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slug trajectory

lucas

Just got bennelli back no time to get to range before next match.New sights on gun are on at 50yds i'm told.Question will the trajectory be a little lower closer in like my AR's sighted at 50yds or are slugs flat out to 50?

Think football. go real deep, throw it high. otherwise they do rifle in there out to about 50 yards.

Erik understated the drop characteristics of slugs a lot. I think rocks and bricks fly rather decently in comparison to slugs :P

--

Regards,

practising full stop.

distance is mostly irrelevaent once you know the hold over for a particular type of slug and can replicate the sight picture you need for the range.

that and being familiar with the comp rules and judging the time allowance for each shot. on the fixed time stages people rush and go comstock speed what they need to do is judge the time required for an action then work out how much spare time they have to slow down and aim more in. stage 10 in Wales was a good example many got flustered rushed and failed. 10 seconds is a long time.

j :)

James has this almost sussed out. 10 seconds is alot of time, but not to "aim more" in, it is time to get really good trigger control in. With shotguns slugs there is a terrible tendency to MASH the trigger, especially the 4th or 5th from prone. Take the time on trigger controll, the sights will be there! 100 yd practice is great for generating good trigger presses and learning the "sights" for slug shooting, Don't forget to do single shot snaps at 50yds triing for all a zone hits. This should have a time limit of 1.5 seconds for all shots to the A zone. KURTM