Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullseye Gun - .22 rimfire

Bullseye Gun

Just could not figure out where to post this, so if it is in the wrong place please move. I want a bullseye gun. Should I get something like a Ruger or have .22 1911 upper built. It seems they are about the same price. And the accuracy seems similar. Please school me.

If you can afford it, get a Pardini. The grip angle feels a bit funny to start, but, they point well. The two stage trigger is an asset, trust me. While a Marvel or Kart conversion on a 1911 frame are accurate, the Pardini is easier to shoot well. The right tool for the game.

i really like the model sw model 41. I have a marvel conversion unit 1 on my 1911 and while its great for more trigger time on the same platform the marvel is just ridiculously accurate, even when I think ive thrown a shot out, checking in the 10 ring reveals its still there.

• 1 month later...

I shoot a Ruger in an indoor gallery league in the winter. It holds the x ring easily with good ammo. If you're just starting out, I think it's the best value. If I got more serious about it, I'd go for one of the fancy euro target guns like Pardini, Walther, Hammerli, etc.

I have a Tac-Sol 1911 conversion on the way, but that's for cheap practice for USPSA. I'll see how it compares accuracy wise.

It has been said already, it depends on how serious ($) you want to get or are in it today! I have a Ruger MkIII, S&W Model 41 and a Marvel 1911 top end. The Marvel and M41 are serious shooters and very good for bullseye. The Ruger is fun and really good for USPSA, Steel Plate, bowling pin practice or plinking. I have a Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite on the Ruger, also good fun.

I hope this helps you in your quest.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

If you can afford it, get a Pardini. The grip angle feels a bit funny to start, but, they point well. The two stage trigger is an asset, trust me. While a Marvel or Kart conversion on a 1911 frame are accurate, the Pardini is easier to shoot well. The right tool for the game.

Pardini is teh awesome... But if you ever want to do something other than bullseye with it, the 5 shot mags could be sucky.

A good S&W 41 or a High Standard doesn't give up much in terms of accuracy, but adds some versatility and might save some $.

While the Ruger is a great firearm, the triggers on S&W, HS, or the Euro-guns are generally better.

Stack the odds in your favor...

As a one time (and now part time) bullseye shooter (member of the NRA 2600 club I lean toward

the Ruger. Namely the Ruger Gov't Target model. I have three and all group very well at 50 yards

and with just a little effort the triggers can be great.

I have owned 4 model 41s all shot well provided they were fed the best in premium ($$) ammunition.

NONE shot any better then ANY of the Rugers shooting CCI Standard Vel. or Federal 511's

I'll offer up a small but cherished brag... I tied the "then record" at the Masters in the precision event (31 targets)

back in 1992 using one of my Rugers. Pardini, Hammerlli, Walther be damned!

Of course the whole story is that I did that twice back-to-back ON PRACTICE day! I choked on match day.

I would pick up a Hi Standard Victor or Supermatic before I'd go another 41.

I know that "some" Pardini pilots have them rebarreled by Falcon machine. Yep, they shoot so good they need to

be rebarreled to shoot....like a Ruger???

Patrick

The High Standard is an excellent gun but it does not have a feed ramp and is very picky feeding correctly unless you have mags tuned to the gun. The Model 41 is the most accurate of the guns suitable for Steel Challenge. Clark makes an excellent replacement barrel for the 41 designed specifically for Steel Challenge.

Pardini 22 rimfires are Olympic class guns but are only available with 5 round magazines.

Edited by Jaxshooter

The High Standard is an excellent gun but it does not have a feed ramp and is very picky feeding correctly unless you have mags tuned to the gun.

Once the mags are tuned, tho - simply butter...