Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Monster Match 2011

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, well OK. Maybe someone else on my squad will have an XDM 9 and we can share mags. This will be something!

I shot production last year. At the start of each stage I had 8 mags on my belt, plus the one in the gun.

I'm on squad 12 so it works out fine. I will be out there Saturday checking things out so you can get them then or Sunday morning.

Perfect, I will be there 0700 Sunday morning. Thanks so much!

I shot production last year. At the start of each stage I had 8 mags on my belt, plus the one in the gun.

Nice! I have a 1000 rd bulk box of bang pills on the way :) It just might be enough :surprise:

Got some photos of the build weekend along with the rest of the stages up on the website.

Shooters meeting will be on the website tonight or tomorrow.

Lunch plans will be up as well, we're having BBQ for $10 I think.

Will probably be consolidating some of the smaller squads in the next day or so. Keep an eye on MatchSignUp in case your squad gets changed.

I'll be at the range tomorrow through the end of the match. Cell service can be spotty out there but I'll get back to anyone asap.

Greetings Shooters,

The stages are built and the match is ready to go! Hats off to the Art Department, they did a fabulous job! Check out the detail when you get to the match, very impressive!

A big Congrats to the stage designers and builders, good job :cheers:

This is going to be a challenging and fun match!

However.....

WARNING !!!! WARNING !!!! WARNING !!!!

This being Florida, sweet mother nature has contributed to the experience :angry2: The range recently received 18" of rain which has fortunately drained away but has filled the swamps and now we have Monster Mosquitoes. :angry: I swear I saw bugs large enough to require FAA tail fin numbers. :goof:

Be bring repellant for the morning and evening feeding times. You do not want Smitty to use his intravenous injector on you :devil:

I hear it is filled with Yuengling, which might not be so bad!!! :roflol:

WARNING !!!! WARNING !!!! WARNING !!!!

This being Florida, sweet mother nature has contributed to the experience :angry2: The range recently received 18" of rain which has fortunately drained away but has filled the swamps and now we have Monster Mosquitoes. :angry: I swear I saw bugs large enough to require FAA tail fin numbers. :goof:

Be bring repellant for the morning and evening feeding times. You do not want Smitty to use his intravenous injector on you :devil:

Mother nature is also brewing a storm south of us with at least two models bringing it right over Orlando on Sunday! (as of Wednesday 8:00AM advisory). I'm from South Florida and my attendance may be in jeopardy if this storm does not weaken significantly or veers away. Good news is that it is forecasted to be a tropical storm by Sunday - bad news is that it will be a substantial rain event.

So let's pray to the shooting gods that this storm stays way south over our Cuban neighbors!

+1 to Schoonie's statement. I have lived in Florida for years and have never seen mosquitoes as big and mean as what we saw last weekend during the build party. A couple of them hid in my truck and made it back to Tampa so I am probably going to be responsible for a sudden epedemic of raptor sized mosquitoes on the west coast.

Hurricane Rina is slated to veer sharply south over the next couple of days! Only one model has it hitting central Florida and NOAA has pretty much written that model off. This iis great news for the shooters coming up from South Florida.

Edited by Jollymon32

Awesome match. Thanks to Shannon and all of the staff and ROs. And thanks to the SFPC Squad, Squad 18, for absorbing me and forgiving my early pasting of a target requiring one shooter to re-shoot Stage 3 one of FOUR TOTAL TIMES.

Great time guys, and the Monster, last year and this, is at the top of my list for can't miss matches.

I really got my ass handed to me in Production, but I had a blast. Squad 11 rules!! Some really great shooters in this match. Of course, a huge thanks for the efforts put in by all the staff. The ROs were on top of everything and made for an enjoyable yet safe environment. See you all next time!

Erich

Awesome match...the funnest match I've ever been to. The COFs were well designed and the time the setup crew spent on props and art & design rivaled the stage design of the live theater houses I've been to! It really made the experience more memorable and put the match over the top. 400+ rounds (with all my makeup shots) didn't hurt either.

I really got my ass handed to me in Production, but I had a blast. Squad 11 rules!! Some really great shooters in this match. Of course, a huge thanks for the efforts put in by all the staff. The ROs were on top of everything and made for an enjoyable yet safe environment. See you all next time!

Erich

Hey Erich, It's Andy, I was on squad 11 with you with my friends Ben and "the other" Eric. It was fun shooting with you, we had a great squad indeed!

Edited by Filishooter

Hey Erich, It's Andy, I was on squad 11 with you with my friends Ben and "the other" Eric. It was fun shooting with you, we had a great squad indeed!

Andy, you were great to watch shoot. I am learning more and more every match thanks to shooters like you.

For everyone's viewing pleasure, here's a video of the "Castle Keeper" with a walking tour hosted by your's truly :blush:

No way a month ago I could have made a Double Alpha hit on that first target...that one target made the match for me!

Edited by ErichF

Awesome match. Thanks to Shannon and all of the staff and ROs. And thanks to the SFPC Squad, Squad 18, for absorbing me and forgiving my early pasting of a target requiring one shooter to re-shoot Stage 3 one of FOUR TOTAL TIMES.

Great time guys, and the Monster, last year and this, is at the top of my list for can't miss matches.

It would not have been so bad had it not been well past lunch time. The look on your face when you realized you had gotten ahead of the scorer was priceless.

We had a great squad!

Andrew

This was, without a doubt, the coolest match I've ever shot. Shannon and crew really put on an amazing event-not to be missed. I'm soooooooo coming back next year, in costume.

Had a good time shooting with y'all, squad 18 kept it interesting as usual. Oh yeah, welcome to Production Rob!

Reid and Andrew, good to meet you guys and good to shoot with you.

Reid, I won't be out there this week, but I'll see you, and be chasing you, at some Thursday night matches soon.

The one video I have from the knight/sword stage. Wishing now I had taken more as I think it really helps to evaluate performance.

th_9a25c775.jpg

From a shooter standpoint, I think this year's match featured some of the best stages I have ever shot at any match. Stage 1 had four, count them four, moving arrays of targets. Totally cool! I am still shocked that Jim got it to work, let alone work for 200 times in a row over a weekend. Every stage was fun, tested the shooter in different ways, and even though each stage was over 40 rounds, never felt like a hose-fest. Ok, shooting at 52 steel was a hose fest for me.

As a match staff member, the weekend was great. Smitty and Jim know how to run a match. Everything was on time, well organized, and their organization made life as easy as possible for the staff. Every squad of shooters we ran over the weekend were fun and seemed to have a great time. My wife and I worked stage 6 (Dr Horrible's Lab) and it ran like a clock, with only a few reshoots over the entire weekend.

All in all it was an awesome match. If you were not there, you missed a a hellava match.