Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

m&p pro vs 9l

open67

The 9L is slightly lighter than the pro I am assuming because of the contoured slide front. Has anyone found that prefferable over the pro if each has the apex trigger and the sights they like?

I think the difference in weight is less than an ounce. People that have shot both tend to think the difference is irrelevant.

The 9L is probably a better platform because most replace the sights and trigger anyway, but the slide weight doesn't really make a difference.

Everybody is different. I think most guys buy the pro because they can get it without ordering where you will usually have to order the 9L and wait 2-3 days. I was willing to do that. My buddy would don the same if he had it to do over again.

Do yourself an additional favor and send it to Dan Burwell for a trigger job and you have yourself one sweet gun! You won't be disappointed.

Edited by E K

The 9L has been discontinued. So I've been told by lots of dealers.

Found a 9L and bought it. Will put sights and Apex trigger on/in it.

Looks to be true. Too bad. Good find on your part though. It is a better balanced gun as well.

I decided that since I would more than likely change the sights anyways and install an apex competition trigger kit, I decided to get the 9L since it was a little cheaper. I am glad I did