Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chiggers

BDH

Must be something about you, Brian. I hardly ever get a tick on me at PASA. The few I have gotten have jumped on me near the "cigar bar". Chiggers are another story, though--no shortage of them there, either.

Brood 17, huh? How many bugs we talkin' here, mon?

Troy

Singlestack, BTW, thanks for the nail polish trick. Yep, it burned a little, but almost immediately ended the itching (although, somehow having splotches of 'sparklely purple' nail polish on my skin will probably get me some interesting looks at work today)  :D

That's too funny :lol: I normally use a clear polish.

I sure hope you're borrowing this from your girlfriend/wife/sister, otherwise.....

Every year I forget to use repellent at least once, and clear nail polish has to come to the rescue. I'm usually not bothered by insects at all, but chiggers really like me.

WTF is Brood 17?

WTF are Chiggers?

Oh, and while I'm WTF'in... WTF is the bug that screams all night like a little kid?

Kath,

Brood 17 are the Cicadas that only show up every 17 years.... :o

Chiggers.... Hmmm, you live in TN right? If you don't know, you will.... :huh:

Bug that screams all night..... I'm guessing that that could be the Cicadas as you are South of me and they come out once the soil temp hits 64 degrees....

Happy now?? :D

Back when I was a little pup, I used to spend summers in the Ozarks. My uncle and aunt had a farm so it was fun to go there and take in the fresh air. Being born and raised in California, I had no idea what a chigger or tick was. Pulling ticks off the dog was always so much fun :D I too forgot the bug spray one day. Those little b@st@rds were vicious. Needless to say I never forgot it again.

Do you know how to identify the guy in Myrtle Beach as a paratrooper from Ft. Bragg?

He's the one with no hair on his head, a third degree sunburn on his shoulders, and chigger bites all over his legs. He might also be inebriated. 82nd Airborne, the world's most physically fit drunks! HUAW! ;)