Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from IL

21 guns

Hi all,

I'm a new member from Illinois - just wanted to say hi to everyone. This seems like a great forum to post questions and learn about topics I would not even know to ask about!

Welcome! I am out of IL as well. Where abouts are you from?

I'm from the Decatur area, central IL. I apologize if my posts are strange or wind up in the wrong areas as I'm still figuring out how to use this forum!

Welcome! Remember your search function it will help you like no other! This is a powerful place for knowledge and will provide you with many options to test your Credit card limits if your not careful! Enjoy!

I'm from the Decatur area, central IL. I apologize if my posts are strange or wind up in the wrong areas as I'm still figuring out how to use this forum!

21, lets just blame it on the wind from the city.. Lol.. Welcome to the forums! :cheers:

If you're ever up north, by the WIIL state line and are looking for a place to shoot, check out WiilShoot.com

Cheers and welcome!

• 1 month later...

IL resident here too. North side of Chicago. I gotta drive an hour to get anywhere good to shoot :(

Excellent site Less. I'm bookmarking it! I'll be at the Bristol Action shoot August 7th if I get a holster and extra mags in time.

If you are driving up to Bristol, keep heading north and give Schultz's in Muskego WI a try. We shoot on the 2nd Sunday , and NISA(Northern Illinois Shooters Association) shoots at our club as well on the 4th Sunday of the month. These are sanctioned USPSA matches.

Tom

I'm always open to trying new things and new ranges. I'll make it a point to give you guys a try. Is this a membership only club? Are you open to the public for "plinking"? I went to McMillers shooting center, was a long drive, I liked the facility, I hated the drive.

I'm always open to trying new things and new ranges. I'll make it a point to give you guys a try. Is this a membership only club? Are you open to the public for "plinking"? I went to McMillers shooting center, was a long drive, I liked the facility, I hated the drive.

We are a members only club for use of the range other than organized matches. All USPSA/IDPA matches at our club are open to the public.

Tom

Tom for me closed membership is very bad news. Personally, not trying to be mean or crude, but I think it's stupid. How else can you grow your membership if you don't let new people try you out. I'm even willing to pay a premium for use of the facilities, but to each their own I suppose. I'll try to check you guys oout for one of the matches though.

• 4 weeks later...

Tom for me closed membership is very bad news. Personally, not trying to be mean or crude, but I think it's stupid. How else can you grow your membership if you don't let new people try you out. I'm even willing to pay a premium for use of the facilities, but to each their own I suppose. I'll try to check you guys oout for one of the matches though.

Thanks for the props on the site!

Regarding ranges: There aren't that many "public ranges" in the area - Maxon's in Des Plaines is perhaps the closest to you, followed by GAT Guns in Elgin, then "Smoke and Choke", err, HP Shooting Center in McHenry. Most of these places don't want to deal with the liability of holster draws, etc, so if you go, don't expect to draw from a holster.

Most of the private ranges are on private land/etc and use it as a way to pre-screen folks coming in. From their perspective, nobody wants to see accidents... Additionally, since some of the ranges are a bit remote (like Schultz') they want to be REALLY sure that folks aren't going to get hurt... I'd venture to guess that most of the folks in this area who get serious belong to one of a number of clubs in the area - PM me and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

See you around sometimes?

If you are driving up to Bristol, keep heading north and give Schultz's in Muskego WI a try. We shoot on the 2nd Sunday , and NISA(Northern Illinois Shooters Association) shoots at our club as well on the 4th Sunday of the month. These are sanctioned USPSA matches.

Tom

USPSA matches are Schultz' ROCK! It is especially fun to see Alex G. smoke up stages!

Kudos to the NISA and Schultz' guys for putting in the hard work!