Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Cover

Sarge

What do you use for a gun cover when needed?

I know shower caps work well. I think most of the gun covers out there look a little, well..., gawdy.

I like the CED version the most as it is pretty simple and straight foward. Any experience with it?

thanks,

Kevin

I don't have a CED, but I have tried a CR Speed, and I didn't really like it. My grip tape, and stippled grip made it hard to put on and take off.

I generally use a Shooters Connection cover. They aren't the sexiest, but they are very straight-forward, and the most durable covers you will find.

:cheers:

Gotta say I have tried a couple and keep winding up with the shower cap. Cheap/free and works in rain or dust storms. I can stuff them in my pocket at make ready. Low-tech exellence at its finest!

hit Dollar general in the hair doo section, I got 50 vinly/ rubber hair caps used when coloring hair for around a buck. Stuff a few in your range bag, wad em up in your pocket at make ready throw it away if it gets a hole.

Hey Kevin!

I use the CED model and like it very much. It slips on real easy and stays put. I have only used it a couple times due to rain. Now I just watch the weather better! :roflol:

Steve

Shower cap.

One limitation of the shower cap though, is if it gets windy the cap will billow out like a sail, catching all manner of dust and sand and depositing it directly on your C-More lens, etc. This may or may not be a relevant concern depending on your local climate and range surface.