Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

most perfect combat pistol

usmc1974

I have to say is a Glock 21 45 acp. I have a lot of Glocks but this 21 ran smooth fast very accurate right out the box. fit the hand and had very little bounce. :cheers:

I like my RTF2 G21 a lot but think the most perfect combat pistol is the RTF2 G17. ;)

Edited by JHC

I am amazed how shootable the G21s are, side by side with my .45 1911's they shoot much flatter and easier to manage with the same ammo. Now if only I could use it at the single stack matches.

do you need an Amen, :rolleyes: Amen

I have been shooting a 21 for a few years, all my 1911's are in the safe collecting dust. Over the winter I put together a 21 with Lonewolf 5 inch barrel & slide(21T), now my high cap Para joins the rest in the safe. I will reserve judgement on the best until I complete my 6 inch 40 on large frame. Until then I agree on the 21. With 200gr. lrn &4.3 Clays it shoots as flat as my Edge but lighter and quicker in limited.

I agree it should be a GLOCK but definately not the G21. I have humongous hands and still dont enjoy the grip and mine has a reduction. I've been asking Santa for a Glock single stack but no luck to this point. :roflol:

I just noticed...that MINE is soon to be YOURS... :D

Edited by hankfan79

I agree it should be a GLOCK but definately not the G21. I have humongous hands and still dont enjoy the grip and mine has a reduction. I've been asking Santa for a Glock single stack but no luck to this point. :roflol:

I just noticed...that MINE is soon to be YOURS... :D

lol Ralph's.(hawkeye116) :roflol:

Edited by usmc1974

• 1 month later...

I picked this up from a one of the guys in our club who got it as part of deal when the owner relocated back to the states. Gen 3 21 with tritium adjustable sights, hard chromed slide, extended mag & slide release, magwell, factory 3.5lb connector, 3 Safariland pouches, 8 mags all for five bills. I just cut down one of my 24 guide rods down for it and stippled the grip frame a week ago. Perfect for me!!

post-25308-0-78121100-1308041892_thumb.j

I picked this up from a one of the guys in our club who got it as part of deal when the owner relocated back to the states. Gen 3 21 with tritium adjustable sights, hard chromed slide, extended mag & slide release, magwell, factory 3.5lb connector, 3 Safariland pouches, 8 mags all for five bills. I just cut down one of my 24 guide rods down for it and stippled the grip frame a week ago. Perfect for me!!

Very nice pistola.

I let 5 Firearms Instructors shoot my G21 and all 5 shot better groups with their G34/G35's and preferred them to the G21.

I never liston to firearms instructors. I have found many to be full of SH A A carp. Always wanting to make you and others think they know more then you do.

• 2 months later...

I have to say is a Glock 21 45 acp. I have a lot of Glocks but this 21 ran smooth fast very accurate right out the box. fit the hand and had very little bounce. :cheers:

Initially, my Glock experience started with the model 19 and from there...the model 17. Both are great shooting pistols. Although the model 17 does fit my hand a little better than the model 19.

However, I was very surprised at how well the Glock 21 performed. The only reason I purchased the model 21 was because of my large inventory of .45 ACP ammunition. And as it turns out, the recoil is less than my 1911 pistols and the Glock is more comfortable to shoot also. With my magazine extensions, I now have seventeen rounds plus one in the chamber! If I do my part, this is enough rounds to compete in the Limited Division.

Still have a long way to go before I'm as efficient with the Glock model 21 as I am with the model 17...but it sure is fun to shoot :D

I like my RTF2 G21 a lot but think the most perfect combat pistol is the RTF2 G17. ;)

+1 on the RTF2 G17 :cheers:

G21 is the real deal, mine has run great in and out of competition for 5+ years, I dont shoot it much anymore but can still pick it up and hit clay pigeons at 25 yrds no problem (not in the air of course).

What type of sights do you have on your Glock model 21?

I don't want to start a fight but I'll take my G20 over the G21 more rounds more power more better, and I can swap or a 40 barrel for more cheaper :-)

Not fighting, but the same 40 barrel will work in the 21, and 45 acp is cheaper than 10mm!!! Just sayin.

Not fighting, but the same 40 barrel will work in the 21, and 45 acp is cheaper than 10mm!!! Just sayin.

I’ve tried this exact setup and could not make it work. The breachface is just too big even when using the G20 extractor assembly.

Interesting! Had a friend gun a couple mags with this set up with no problems, just to see if it would run. Guess more testing is in store, thanks.