Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

75 Shadow

Strick

Gun seems to be running well and is getting a little smoother the more I shoot it. Shot my clubs monthly IDPA match today and it was the first time the gun let me down. THe rear sight started getting loose, without me knowing it, and eventually ended up halfway out of the left side of the slide.

It was my last stage but think it started moving around on the stage before. I didn't really notice it until I couldn't hit a piece of steel with 18 rounds. :surprise:

I will have to figure out a way to keep it from happening again.

I just went through a sight disaster myself. Luckily mine happened during practice. The blade on the adjustable rear of my shadow went flying off running a drill. I got a dawson LPA to replace it and installed it last night.

Wow, that sucks.

Guess I've been lucky, have never had that happen to me... that said, I've heard of that happening to guys before so now once I get a gun sighted-in or am positive it shoots straight I Loctite it since I'm kind of paranoid. FWIW, red works fine for dovetails that are tight to at least fairly-tight, but with looser dovetails I use green which is their penetrating type that you have to get at an auto parts store, it can get under sight and really lock it down.

I prefer and stick to fixed rears now as I've been bitten by a few different things with the adjustable rears and don't like the narrow .115" Bo-Mar rear notches anyway, but blue Loctite is a good idea on them too IMO so they don't adjust themselves....

Gun seems to be running well and is getting a little smoother the more I shoot it. Shot my clubs monthly IDPA match today and it was the first time the gun let me down. THe rear sight started getting loose, without me knowing it, and eventually ended up halfway out of the left side of the slide.

It was my last stage but think it started moving around on the stage before. I didn't really notice it until I couldn't hit a piece of steel with 18 rounds. :surprise:

I will have to figure out a way to keep it from happening again.

I just picked up a Shadow T and have only 360 rounds through it so far. How many have you fired before your sight came loose?

750, maybe 1K. It is just one of those things that can happen to any gun at any round count. I certainly would not be worried about getting one.

No worries. Mine is by far the best pistol I have ever owned.

I'll chime in with my one month report. Went to a narrow Dawson FO front sight, rubber grip on the strong hand and thin Al grip completely covered in skate tape on the weak hand. Put a 13lb MS in. Loaded 121 IFPs to 1.1 using 320. This gun is dead nuts accurate, has minimal muzzle flip and transitions very nicely. This has to be one of my favorite guns to shoot regardless of division or price. Not one gun related malfunction in close to 1K rounds. This gun is da' bomb!!

edited to add I also went to 85 Combat safeties.

Edited by Neomet

Yeah, just over month with mine too and couldn't really be happier. Tonight I shot not one but two back-to-back no-BS one-whole 3rd groups at 12 yards, on the first one, after the third shot I actually cleared the gun and checked to make sure it wasn't a squib as it very literally went through the same freakin' hole!

About the only problem I have with the thing is that for now I've settled on shooting the cheapo plastic grips (acutually kind of dig the way it balences with them too as they weigh nothing) but can't be sure I don't want to try out some tricker grips now that I've changed to the higher 85 safeties, wish they weren't all $75+ to try out, plastic one's in maybe thinner or flatter/different profiles would be fine.

Now only if VZ Grips would make G10 grips with a similar profile to that of the CZ custom's aluminum grips, but with a more radius palm swell. This way, I wouldn't need to use any skateboard tape on my grips and it'd be light and anatomical.

I actually called VZ Grips to make such a request, but it'a not in there plan yet.

With the sight locked down tight (hopefully for good) I was able to win the Midland IDPA regional yesterday. I am not 100% sure the sights are dead on but they seem to be effective enough.

Of course even with the sight in place I manged to never see them on one stage but I can't blame the gun for that. :goof: