Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Perfect Cigar for the range

Blame it on Carmoney. He was crying over ruining some nice cigars in the Hate forum and since you can't "discuss" there...

So what is your favorite cigar for an afternoon on the range? My choice is an Oliva Series V. Nice full bodied cigar. I normally enjoy their Double Toro, but that is usually too long of a smoke for the range. Their new #4 is a small short cigar that maintains the full robust flavor of the Double Toro but is almost tailor made for the amount of time one has to enjoy between stages.

Romeo y Julieta Maduro Reserve

Ooooh, that's an excellent suggestion! Ever try J.R.'s alternative selection version of that cigar? They're frickin' great, and they only cost $2-3 apiece. There are some great deals out there on good cigars right now if you're a smart shopper.

We talk about having courtesy to other shooter while on the range. How about courtesy to other shooters who don't smoke and don't care to smell the cigar smoke. :cheers: :cheers:

Stand somewhere else. :sight::devil: (read : kidding with you)

I love a cigar, particularly on range. I typically grab a natural. A little less flavor than the maduro and still the pleasure. My best smoke lately was an old favorite -- the Monte #2. I also had an excellent A. Fuente. If memory serves, I have a La Gloria on deck for this weekend! lol.

We talk about having courtesy to other shooter while on the range. How about courtesy to other shooters who don't smoke and don't care to smell the cigar smoke. :cheers: :cheers:

Can't be any worse than the gunsmoke some people produce and definitely better than cigarette smoke, but I always try to be a few steps away from everyone so I don't bother people with the wonderful aroma of my cigar.

+1 A few months back I shot with someone smoking a cigar and it gave me a splitting headache. I didn't especially care for it around the juniors.