Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It may be funny to you,

GrumpyOne

My company has sent me down to the carribbean to work (again), and I've always taken precautions about drinking the water (I usually buy bottled water and cook with and drink it), but the past few days, I have went to a local McDonalds to get coffee in the morning, and I think that that is the culprit. I would have thought that boiling coffee would take care of any bugs/germs in the water, but noooo! I'm not gonna drink coffee in the morning, and see if that clears things up.

Put it this way, even Charmin is quite rough.... :sick:

I'll second what Flexmoney says. My wife is from Guadalajara and we travel to Mexico frequently. The and only time I got sick was when we ate breakfast at an American chain restuarant at the Guadalajara airport on our way home.

When we are down there we're WAY off the normal tourist areas and I have eaten at some "interesting" places. The locals are very careful about where they eat and I just follow their lead.

Oh, I've been down here many times, but never had this effect....And, I deduced, it was the coffee from Mickey D's. Didn't have any this morning, and no issues. It wasn't aas bad as you might think, other than going to the bathroom every hour or two... I stayed at work and worked...Now, I had a co-worker who totally disregarded caution (and a warning from several people, not to mention a bottled water cooler two feet from where he was getting the water!) one time, and drank two, I repeat TWO, 44 oz drink cups of water directly from a sistern that wasn't treated, and after he was sick, continued to drink the water from the sistern. After taking him (twice!) to the island hospital, I called the boss and told him I thought he was gonna die, and that I thought he needed to be on a plane home. The boss told me, that he didn't think the airline would let him on a plane that sick, and to just let him die there, it would be easier to get the body back home.... :roflol:

Good God!! I hate what antibiotics do to people over the long run!! Not that I think that they are uniformly bad, just overused and the "on ramp" to relentless dissolution and decay if not followed with a course of probiotics! Before there were industrial mycotoxcins there was a biological that worked wonders and leaves the healthy flora in your gut intact, even healthier. Bacillius Subtillus was isolated from the intestine of camels in North Africa by the nazies as a result of them trying to figure out why their troops were dying from Dysentery but the natives were not. Were it not for that microbe, Rommel likely would have kicked the allies ass, Montgomery was a putz! Wonderful stuff! It kills Amoeba's and a variety of other organisms that cause "Montezuma's Revenge" and fades away after a few weeks leaving the normal gut flora intact. It's still used in Europe and is available if you look for it. There is growing evidence that a host of chronic disease processes that plague our civilisation are based on the disruption of healthy gut flora. The ENTIRE emergent market for products like Activia or Danactive is based on trying to re-balance your biofilm. I've posted on the forum about this (and gotten spanked a little) on this topic. Search the posts up. The industrial medical model does have value, interventive medicine is fantastic to deal with catastrophe, but it SUCKS at wellness. The whole damned system is about sickness because there is no money in wellness. Look at the horrible mess our "health" care system is in!! I got permission awhile back to open a thread about it and I will after I get past the effort to get a public shooting range built in BOULDER County!! (I obviously need to get my head examined as far as the stuff I get involved with!) People will pay any amount of money when they are sick and in pain, facing death, to escape the reaper. Try to give them the key good health and long life and you see eyes glaze over and yawns start! Think about the name of that class of toxins "antibiotic" = against-life!! C'mon what do you think that REALLY means???

Sorry for the cranky tone! I just HATE to see people sicken and die purposelessly.

Oh, I'm not sick, don't even feel bad. Just was having to visit the facilities on a very regular basis. Now that I've stopped drinking the Mickey D's coffee, all is well in the world. All I'm drinking now is Jameson's, and Absolute.....and once in a while a diet coke..... :cheers:

It can happen in the US as well - we had a, perfectly safe, and deep well, on the ranch - every time city kids came to visit, they'd have issues for awhile.

If its really bad, neither you, nor the locals can drink it - otherwise, it may just getting used to it - although sometimes some populations just have endemic diseases.

Oh, I'm not sick, don't even feel bad. Just was having to visit the facilities on a very regular basis. Now that I've stopped drinking the Mickey D's coffee, all is well in the world. All I'm drinking now is Jameson's, and Absolute.....and once in a while a diet coke..... :cheers:

You may be missing an economic opportunity here! Import this stuff for people that NEED an increase in the visits!

You may be missing an economic opportunity here! Import this stuff for people that NEED an increase in the visits!

Like I'm gonna pour my liquor out to fill the bottle with water and bring back.... :roflol: