Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Me and Blake at the mini mart

Steve Anderson

I had the great fortune to be squadded with Blake Miguez (along with Matt Mink and a few other be'ers) at the AL section match.

Here is a video of Blake and me shooting Mini mart at that match. He games the mag and gets a better reload, I leave it on the shelf and may have a slightly faster first shot and slightly slower reload.

He was 5.09, I was 4.91 we were both down 2.

We talk alot about transistions here, and I believe this is what they should sound like.

Blake and me at the mini mart

Mink also gamed the mag, and he shot it in 4.75 down 4 (prod)

I think he has a vid, too.

SA

The link worked fine for me, but it took aprrox. 10 minutes to load.....with DSL service.

It was very interesting to watch Blake's strategy with the mag. I shot this not too long ago so it was great to see to see a coulpe great runs.

Thanks Steve!

Zach

Sorry about the download speed everybody. There's something bizzare going on with my server and the DSL it's on-- it's only a 3MB file. Best bet is probably to start it loading in a new window, then go off and read some more BE posts...

Great video!!! Thanks for posting it...

Interesting comparison. Except for the gaming with the mag movement the other difference I see is the foot movement. Steve, did you plan to step towards the counter or was it kind of impulse? In that kind of stage it would seem that Blake's non-movement stance would be better, but Steve's is faster. Hmmm

3QT,

Flex pointed that out to me also...

Short answer: I don't know.

Long Answer:

I was very aware of the height of the counter and the length of my gun. I wanted to be back a little from the counter for the shooting and that may have necessitated the little step forward on the draw. (I set up for the shooting, not the draw) With mini mart, where you stand impacts what you see quite a bit.

Or it could be just a little hop...I do those sometimes. :)

It's very cool that my best mini mart ever came as a result of going to the line to shoot alphas and accept my time.

SA

BTW Lynn,

Did you put 2 mags on the shelf? I remember fiddling with the gun (old school Caspian) at LAMR to get the gun and two mags in there without the gun too close to the mags. Wasn't easy.

Steve and Matt, thanks for taking the time to post these videos. It's great to watch how the really good guys do it. over and over and over...... B)

Sweet trick with the magazine placement too.

Thanks for the break down Steve. I thought at that speed involutary reflexes may take over. Good info for us wanna bees...

After watching all three GM's shooting this stage I'm most impressed with Matt.

I have the hit factors at,

SA...11.81

BM...11.39

MM...11.37

Shooting production and he came so very close to the others.

Should give all glockers hope!!!

I think it would be very interesting to have an audio tape of the three of you chatting after that stage...

Imagine three extraordinary talents of the sport talking about maximizing the last stage...

Too cool!!!

I didn't talk to Blake too much at this stage, but I was thinking about a smooth clean run and Mink was hooked on speed!

I do remember being amazed that Blake picked up the mag-gaming trick about 5 minutes before he shot and just did it.

It was a good day...

SA

I remember chatting before the stage, it went something like this:

Me: You guys know the really cool, fast way to shoot this, right?

Everybody else: No, what?

Me: You put the mag on the tabletop after the start beep.

Half of everybody: What??!!?

The other half: Man, that's killer!!

Roger Kooi: I'm gonna do it!!!

Blake Miguez: Me two!!

Steve Anderson: I can't believe I let you room with me.

OK, maybe it wasn't exactly like that, but it was close.

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff. I had a lot of fun shooting with Blake, Matt and Steve. I was first up on Mini Mart, our last stage. I heard Matt inquiring about things with the RO so I inquired as to what he was inquiring! When he laid it out I had to try it! Anyway it did not work out as planned and I tried to blame Mink :D but he then stepped up and showed me how to do it. Very nice indeed. I will try it again even though there it is more cramped in that shelf with an open gun!