Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idiots driving lifted trucks

coorsleftfield

Moving to Phoenix last year I noticed that way more people here drive these idiotic lifted trucks. I'm not talking about someone who has a large truck to pull their camper, or maybe actually has a farm/ranch. I'm talking about your living in the suburbs moron who commutes a jacked up F350 to work everyday, and thinks he looks cool. Hope you're loving the gas bill these days.

f350large1.jpg?w=500

I was leaving a Long Horn resturant in Brunswick, Ga after eating dinner. I was walking past one of these jacked up trucks in the parking lot. As I was walking past the rear tire I hear girls laughing. As I got to the front I see these two young ladies (late teens) standing there looking at the truck and laughing. When I got past them I could not help but to turn around and look to see what they were laughing at. The truck had a front tag that read "Jack It Up. Fat Chicks Can't Climb".

Here in New Mexico...we have a pretty high number of (elevationaly challenged) individuals :roflol:

Including both low and high riders <_<

I cant say much about the drivers in other places...but here its a strong indicator of very low class people.

Sorry if I offend the nice people who drive these things, and there are some!

But its just the honest truth

Jim

Lifting that high doesn't do a whole lot for you assuming you even use it for off-road purposes. You're still limited by the clearance of the differentials. Unless you're parked directly on top of a freakin' peak you're just wasting your time, money, and GAS!

Singlestack...I think tire size is inversely proportional to something else, too!! :surprise:

Big tires are great for sand though. In AZ, CA, NV, NM, you have places where these types of tires are nice on the dunes. Not saying anything about said drivers and all, but I do have some friends who like to go to the dunes, and they will put on their bigger sand tires for just such a purpose.

Erik,

Definitely true there. The area I live in was covered with large tracks of dunes until I was in my 20s. Most kids that got their license in high school drove baja bugs, 4x4 truck, or jeeps with modest lifts, and good size sand tires like Norsemans that you could deflate without worrying about the bead. Fun times on weekends having bonfires out in the dunes with nary a policeman around. :devil: