Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"best" Bomar replacement sight

Paradiddle

What do you guys think? Who makes the "best" or your favorite Bomar replacement sight? Ed Brown, STI, Champion, etc?

Tripp Research has the best replacement. A tad expensive but well worth it. Do a search and you'll see many positive post about it.

What do you guys think? Who makes the "best" or your favorite Bomar replacement sight? Ed Brown, STI, Champion, etc?

Tripp Research has the best replacement. A tad expensive but well worth it. Do a search and you'll see many positive post about it.

+1

+1

+2. One sits on my Limited gun. I do know of one shooter who had a problem with an early model/prototype, but haven't seen or heard of any other problems. I know LOTS of people who have had problems with Bomars and Bomar copies. The Tripp design is simply a superior design, and Tripp will back it up if it doesn't live up to your expectations.

FWIW, expensive is in the eye of the beholder. The Wilson and Brown adjustable sights run $85-100, and Tripp is $118. Maybe the rest of you know something I don't about where to buy guns cheap, but considering what I paid for my gun, an extra $20-40 for the most reliable adjustable sight is a fairly minor expense. I could dryfire an extra 15 minutes instead of using live ammo and save that much.

BB

+1

+2. One sits on my Limited gun. I do know of one shooter who had a problem with an early model/prototype, but haven't seen or heard of any other problems. I know LOTS of people who have had problems with Bomars and Bomar copies. The Tripp design is simply a superior design, and Tripp will back it up if it doesn't live up to your expectations.

FWIW, expensive is in the eye of the beholder. The Wilson and Brown adjustable sights run $85-100, and Tripp is $118. Maybe the rest of you know something I don't about where to buy guns cheap, but considering what I paid for my gun, an extra $20-40 for the most reliable adjustable sight is a fairly minor expense. I could dryfire an extra 15 minutes instead of using live ammo and save that much.

BB

+3 on the tripp, i bought one recently for my SS, afterwards i realized that i could not get my slide cut for bomar because of the preexisting novak cut is too big and in the wrong place. Although i dont have any range time with the tripp still looks very solid and extremely well built. It took 30+ days to receive, but from what i can see well worth the wait.