Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M1 Extended Mag Tube

Glockamole

I like Nordic. They are great guys and shoot 3 Gun too. Just like to put in a word for DMW. Dave's Metal Works. Dave supports 3 Gun Matches and has been making mag tubes for a long time. He makes them for Benelli and they are sold in Brownells and at Numrichs. No matter who makes the tube, the magazine extension nut is just as important and I have found that the Benelli manufactured one with the detent is by far the best. The best extension tubes I have are official Benelli manufacture, but they only give 7+1, so you can't do the shoot one, load 8, shoot one drill . DyNo, not all mag tubes are equal. Most need milling of the barrel clamp groove to keep the clamp from moving, and like sights, grips, stocks-some may not work perfectly with every gun. I lament the demise of Precision Machine and Tool, that was some really good gear for M1's.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to set up a Benelli and need an extended mag tube. I hear most recommending the Nordic but someone mentions the mag extension nut being not as good as the Benelli manufactured one...should I just hunt up a Benellit extended tube and nut??

I'm getting ready to set up a Benelli and need an extended mag tube. I hear most recommending the Nordic but someone mentions the mag extension nut being not as good as the Benelli manufactured one...should I just hunt up a Benellit extended tube and nut??

Good luck hunting Benelli factory parts, especially that one. And if you find it, it's big bucks. Go Nordic, and don't worry about it. Most Benelli shooters don't even use the extension/barrel clamp, there is plenty of thread on there. Remington, not so much.

NOT Benelli factory!

Nordic is very good and a great supporter of USPSA and 3Gun.

However, Dave at Dave's Metal Works is also good for our sport and great to deal with.

I had a problem with one of his older ones, called Dave, he built me a new one to my specifications and had it out to me ASAP.

Speed Shooters International or Dave himself!

This, learned the hard way, got a +4 and loading 7 at a time. Going to rma for a +6, since the +5s are out of stock. I have the 24" barrel.

Oh yeah the answer to your next question is a Nordic +5 aligns with the end of a 21" benelli barrel and a +6 aligns with the end of a 24" barrel.