Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal to paint the inside of the magwell?

bobmysterious

There wasn't any paint involved, after I started this thread I went ahead and got rid of that. No, I was put into open yesterday at Nationals because, according to the RO, a fraction of my forward mag pouch was in front of my hipbone.

I have to wonder why you had it close enough to attract attention?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't any paint involved, after I started this thread I went ahead and got rid of that. No, I was put into open yesterday at Nationals because, according to the RO, a fraction of my forward mag pouch was in front of my hipbone.

What is the proper distance behind the point of the hips?

So then it really didn't have anything to do with paint in a magwell. That's a different topic entirely.

Usually I'd suggest this needs its own thread since it doesn't fit the theme of this one, but even then it would at best dance gently around the fact that your equipment was out of place and an RO noticed it.

I hate it for you, but skating outside the lines has a price, as you now know.

Best of luck next time.

See Appendix E3.

So then it really didn't have anything to do with paint in a magwell. That's a different topic entirely.

The gist of my previous post.

Cool. I get that.

Still, I hate to hear it happened to you.

I know I'll take a lesson-learned from your misfortune. I know that doesn't entirely make up for it, but it's something...

Far enough so you don't have a CRO poking you looking for your hip bone! :lol:

You mean RO's place their hands on you.

With your invitation ideally......

I have a pretty good idea where the hipbones end -- so I don't need to touch you to make the call. Now on appeal, if you were to suggest, "my hipbones come farther forward, please feel" as part of the request for reconsideration, that could happen.....

No one -- to the best of my reading recollection -- is suggesting that there is random groping going on.....

Wait, what is the determining factor here... Is it precedence, the rulebook, or emails from John???

Because according to the ruling anything not specifically allowed in Production is illegal. Therefore sight black and FO sights are illegal. But yet precedence (and John's email citing precedence) says they're legal. Again, it makes no sense.

While it is not what John relied on in his opinion on sight black, I think App. D4, Item 21.6 still allows for fiber optic sights, sight black, or nearly any other modification to the sights. App. D4, Item 21.6 provides: "Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OEM or aftermarket parts." Making any changes to the sights (replacing, thinning, painting, etc.) essentially makes them aftermarket. The only constraint on sights I see in the current rule book is that they must be of the "notch and post" type.

Edited by joshs

What if the CRO is cute?

I have a pretty good idea where the hipbones end -- so I don't need to touch you to make the call. Now on appeal, if you were to suggest, "my hipbones come farther forward, please feel" as part of the request for reconsideration, that could happen.....

No one -- to the best of my reading recollection -- is suggesting that there is random groping going on.....

There should be more random groping.

Normally, that costs more...

There should be more random groping.

Normally, that costs more...

Yeah about the cost of airfare?

What if the CRO is cute?

Oh my! Is that a 170mm mag in your front pocket or are you just happy to see me?

See Appendix E3.

Let me ask you is it on the round so your pouch/holster can't go past your hip bone in reference to your belt or if you take a ruler and place it on the tip of your hip bone you can't go past the ruler? I'm good either way I was just always curious.

What if the CRO is cute?

Oh my! Is that a 170mm mag in your front pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Yes.