Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are there Single Stack Division friendly classifier stages

Hi all,

I am the new "match director" at Sparta, IL, so I am trying to decide which classifier stages to use for our special all classifier match on March 26.

I have had several people contact me asking about my match because it will be their last chance to classify before they go to the Single Stack Nat's.

Are there classifier stages that are more 8+1 shot Single Stack Friendly?

Or another way to put it, are there classifier stages that have a high crash and burn factor for a gun that only holds 8 rounds?

I haven't been able to meet up with the "old match director" to get all the new club info and a copy of EZWinscore just yet, so I haven't been able to browse through all the classifiers.

Our club is so new, we only have four full size 42" poppers.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I am the new "match director" at Sparta, IL, so I am trying to decide which classifier stages to use for our special all classifier match on March 26.

I have had several people contact me asking about my match because it will be their last chance to classify before they go to the Single Stack Nat's.

Are there classifier stages that are more 8+1 shot Single Stack Friendly?

Or another way to put it, are there classifier stages that have a high crash and burn factor for a gun that only holds 8 rounds?

I haven't been able to meet up with the "old match director" to get all the new club info and a copy of EZWinscore just yet, so I haven't been able to browse through all the classifiers.

Our club is so new, we only have four full size 42" poppers.

Thanks!

There are some stages that have several 6 or 8 round strings. None of the classifiers are really friendly to any particular division. You are only being compared to the other single stack guys, so it really doesn't matter what the round count is.

You can download the full Classifier book on USPSA website. I always try to find the out of the ordinary ones when I pick for our club match.

Edited by Codycoyote

The Single Stack friendly ones are right next to the Revolver friendly ones :devil:

Sorry I couldn't resist that one. Like Cody said, everyone in the division is shooting the same thing so it really does not matter. You can look through them to see which ones are better suited for SS, but I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Tom

The Single Stack friendly ones are right next to the Revolver friendly ones :devil:

Sorry I couldn't resist that one. Like Cody said, everyone in the division is shooting the same thing so it really does not matter. You can look through them to see which ones are better suited for SS, but I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Tom

And there are no revolver friendly ones.

Tom

And there are no revolver friendly ones.

09-01

09-03

09-05

09-06

09-07

09-09

09-11

09-14

Are revolver friendly, just in the 09 series alone, plus el pres, long range standards and a whole slew of other ones that I'm not going to take the time to look for right now.

Edited by aztecdriver

Any classifier with steel is NOT SS friendly if you miss. :roflol: :roflol: Otherwise everything is SS friendly. I do not recall any that require more than 8 shots without performing a mandatory reload, or moving to a second location.

Edited by Poppa Bear

it doesn't matter because you're scored with other SS shooters.

hit or no hit, it's 8 rounds vs. 8 rounds (or 10 minor)

It matters if you are trying to move up. It is much easier to hit a double wide mag hole then it is a SS.

It matters if you are trying to move up. It is much easier to hit a double wide mag hole then it is a SS.

But is it faster...at the 100% level?

Wouldn't someone need to know the SECOND best classifier run in SS to be able to determine that by the facts rather than general observation. The second best run would then be the true best HHF for SS. Or am I just wrong.

You tell me. I'm only A Class in SS.