Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wheelgunner's Revenge 13 at Bend of the River CC

We're looking forward to the 13th Wheelgunner's Revenge at beautiful Bend of the River Conservation Club in Niles, Michigan Sunday, July 17th, 2011.

This is the ICORE Central States Regional match. We'll be limiting the number of shooters to about 110 at this time pending some range expansion that might be in the works.

The last two years we sold out early, so get it in your sights and get your application in. The app is here.

For the time being, we're looking at seven good-sized field courses (as Bend is so famous for) and two classifiers. Another field course is a possibility but we won't know for sure until May. The round count should run into the 200 range.

Bend is about ten miles north of South Bend (Indiana) airport and there's hotels in the area. We'll have some more of that support kind of info later in a separate website.

We're at work planning the stages and securing the sponsorship ties. If you have any questions on these or any other topics, please e-mail me, Bill Zeller, the match director, at billATcherryriverDOTcom.

Past match director JD Cleminshaw is still on hand and still involved, but he's been promoted to ICORE Competition Director, a job anyone who's shot this match lately will tell you is an appropriate position.

See you out there in July.

Bill

• 2 months later...

Time to bring this one back to the top and to everyone's attention.

We had another planning meeting last night and Danielle tells us that the registrations are running behind compared to last year. The WGR has a proud (recent) history of filling up to the cap of 100 and I'll be needing to get some more folks signing up.

Kick back to me if you'd like a registration form sent. JD mailed out some to past participants, too.

There's eight field courses and a classifier planned for this year. The round count isn't finalized yet but should be along the lines of 210-220.

Setup, stage design, and stage director help can still be used. Much of this is settled but more hands make for lighter work. Staff gets the shirt included with the reduced match fee.

Bend of the River Conservation Club is in Niles, Michigan, ten miles north of South Bend, Indiana's Michiana Regional Airport (and I-80/90 Indiana Toll Road US31 exit). There are good motels around the airport; I prefer the Super 8 on the north side off Cleveland Rd. It's barely 15 minutes up US31 to US12 and Mayflower Road.

www.borcc.org

• 2 weeks later...

Entries are finally starting to come in at a better pace for the 13th Wheelgunner's Revenge, July 17th, 2011.

So are sponsors. Tom of TK Custom is not only sponsoring, he's offering a free entry to a female competitor.

Get back to me if you have an interested person of the female persuasion wanting to shoot on TK's dime.

He'll be on site with moonclips on the prize table and a vendor table of his own to display his wares.

Entry forms are available for printing yourself at http://www.borcc.org/icore/2011/ICORE%202011%20APPLICATIONREVB.pdf

or you can shoot me your postal address and we'll mail you one.

For those wishing to pitch in, I'm planning to do stage building on the Thursday, the 14th, and Friday, the 15th. Staff shoot will be Saturday late morning after final paper hanging and tuning, and then Sunday's showtime.

In the past, once everyone's done gorging themselves on Bruce Cook's sensational barbeque, most folks are able to hit the road by around 2 or 3-ish, eastern time.

We're back to eight field courses and one classifier at the moment, as the planned range construction hasn't happened.

Hope to see you down on the range.

Bill Zeller, MD

I'm pleased to announce that Bruce Warren of East Leroy, Michigan is sponsoring six shooters to the WGR. Bruce is fine revosmith and the proprietor of BC Armory.

Be sure to thank him when you see him on the range.

And... those of you who still haven't gotten your applications in... only 39 more days left!

Bill

Edited by Cherryriver

Apparently, shooting the IRC has re-stimulated my interest in ICORE! I printed off the application for the WGR today. Sam was just running out the door when I got home, but he seemed interested in going along also. :cheers:

Mike

I know that Bubber, Roger Reid, Jess Christian, Darren Garity, Steve Thorton and myself are all going. If you want to, ask to be squaded with us. I will probably stay at the Motel 6 #245 in South Bend. I am driving up on Saturday and driving home after the match on Sunday.

Dean

I will probably stay at the Motel 6 #245 in South Bend. I am driving up on Saturday and driving home after the match on Sunday. Dean

I'm staying there too. Seems there's beers and wings just south on business 31.

No, the Motel 6 is on Business 31 and it looked like there's a Buffalo Wild Wings straight south a bit on Business 31. True gourmet fare, remember I'm escaping from Wisconsin.

I will probably stay at the Motel 6 #245 in South Bend. I am driving up on Saturday and driving home after the match on Sunday. Dean

I am game for that as we are driving in early on Saturday. :cheers:

I am game for that as we are driving in early on Saturday. :cheers:

Sounds good.

Just my reservations for the Motel 6 in South Bend. There will be three of us. Hopefully one of you guys know the way to the match.

Just my reservations for the Motel 6 in South Bend. There will be three of us. Hopefully one of you guys know the way to the match.

Actually if I remember right we just go north up the road we are on, cross over in to Michigan and it is right there. Should be less than 10 miles or maybe even less. Now I know there is only 2 beds in a room so I need to ask who is the 2 that are spooning in the one bed. :D

Smiling Dean

As soon as I finish washing my head out with bleach to get rid of these mental images...

US31 is that big four-laner going north past the airport. It hooks up with I80/90, the Indiana Toll Road, which cuts the south edge of Michiana Regional. A lot of hotels are on the roads kicking off to the east of 31, including and especially Cleveland Road- which is where the Super 8 is that I'm staying at.

Take 31 north to US12, turn left at the bottom of the ramp, go just a little bit west to Mayflower Road, where the gigantic truck stop is. Incidentally, the Diesel Diner there is perfectly good and we do all kinds of non-spooned meetings there.

Go north on Mayflower about a half-mile and keep your eyes peeled for the club gate and sign on the left/west side.

See you out there.

Writing up the stages tomorrow for a match book.

The rest of you guys... sign up so it doesn't get so obvious JD's more popular than I am.

Motel 6 #245 on Bus 31? I was hoping to follow someone who (hopefully) knew where they're going.

Motel 6 #245 on Bus 31? I was hoping to follow someone who (hopefully) knew where they're going.

Never fear Revoman is here. Hey I like the ring of that. No problems as I have been to the match before and I know how to get there.

I will be driving up Sunday morning but I only live 1.5 hours from there.. If your going north on 31 look for US12 turn left and right there is a truck stop turn north about a mile on the left. If you have a cart I would bring it. You park on top and walk down to the range.

Brent

• 2 weeks later...

I'm taking the liberty of rolling this one back up to the top because the WGR is only three weeks out and we still have a good twenty slots available.

The Bruce Cook barbeque is worth the trip all by itself.

Well me and the gang are chompin at the bit getting ready. How are the stages comming along? Is there anything unnatural that I need to be made aware of? I don't mind kinky or even perverted, just not unnatural. :roflol: See you guys and gals there in three weeks. later rdd

Well me and the gang are chompin at the bit getting ready. How are the stages comming along? Is there anything unnatural that I need to be made aware of? I don't mind kinky or even perverted, just not unnatural. :roflol: See you guys and gals there in three weeks. later rdd

trying to think what Bubber would think was unnatural :surprise: