Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock magazine release, what are you using?

Glockster35

I have a stock release in my Glock 23 and find that I have a very difficult time releasing the magazines. I have the extended JP Enterprises on my Glock 35 and find that it sometimes get's in my way while shooting. I have yet to have a magazine accidentally release.

What are you guys using? And your thoughts on the different types of releases?

My G34 and G35 are the ones I use for competition and they both have the Glock OEM extended release.

Tango Down mag releases on my G17 & G19, used for home defense and concealed carry. The length of these is between the extended and standard OEM pieces, and the edges are nicely knocked down. Tango Down mag release

-Randy

I have a stock release in my Glock 23 and find that I have a very difficult time releasing the magazines. I have the extended JP Enterprises on my Glock 35 and find that it sometimes get's in my way while shooting. I have yet to have a magazine accidentally release.

What are you guys using? And your thoughts on the different types of releases?

I use GHOST G.I.magazine release when permitted.And glock OEM ext. when it's only allowed.

I use the factory extended with the sharp edges smoothed on the back side so it doesn't dig in to my hand. I can reach it without having to turn the gun in my hand(unlike the short factory release) and have never had the mag drop when I didn't want it to.

I was using the JP Enterprises, but I thought it was too long and interfered with my grip. I removed the button from it and put it on a stock G22 mag release. I can still reach the release and drop the mag without shifting my grip.