Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Rental Car Olympics!

Chris Keen

A long time ago I have a brief stint with Alamno Rent A Car, I know that renters are rough on cars, but no where near as rough as the people that work there are.

A 1994 Chevy Corisca V6 can take a freaking beating........on and off road

Hello: We used to rent a Caddy and a Lincoln when we would go down for the 24 Hours of Daytona. We would race them from Orlando to Daytona. It is amazing when you get those big heavy cars in a 4 wheel drift with 6 guys inside going 100 :surprise: The Lincoln was the car to beat back in 1991-1993 :roflol: Or maybe it was the drivers :cheers: Thanks, Eric

One night, headed back to the hotel after dinner, I decided to keep the throttle wide open and regulate my speed using the brakes. When we got out of the car, flames were coming out of the wheels. It took a few laps around the parking lot to get things cooled down enough that I felt like it was safe. The next day the rotors were warped pretty bad, and the brake pedal was very soft. I feel bad for the next guy who ended up with that car. (I think the car had 12 miles on it when we picked it up at the airport.)

One night, headed back to the hotel after dinner, I decided to keep the throttle wide open and regulate my speed using the brakes. When we got out of the car, flames were coming out of the wheels. It took a few laps around the parking lot to get things cooled down enough that I felt like it was safe. The next day the rotors were warped pretty bad, and the brake pedal was very soft. I feel bad for the next guy who ended up with that car. (I think the car had 12 miles on it when we picked it up at the airport.)

:roflol: