Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More

cyburg

Ok, I tried to conduct a search on the topic but could not find anything.

Now, I am getting ready to order a new c-more and I am thinking about going with the smallest dot.

What size dot are you using.

Thoughts, and if its been beaten to death please point me to the dead :ph34r:

There really is no "best" size. Different strokes for different folks. I would say the most popular is probably the 8 moa. I shoot a 12 and some folks think that is crazy. Some folks shoot a 6 and I think that is crazy. :)

Hello: I use a 12 MOA dot and it works great for me. I have to thank G-Man Bart for the info :cheers: I can see the dot better and can turn it up or down depending on the day. It can be as bright as the sun or turned down so I can look through it on those small steel plates at 40 yards. I would get a 12 MOA dot and if you don't like it you can always find a 6 or 8. 4MOA is just too bloody small :roflol: Thanks, Eric

I used a 6 for a long time but when I tried an 8 I could really turn up the speed and call the shots better. 12 was just too big for me. I think it also will depend on your gun and how it tracks to what size you like.

Dont get into open thinking that one diode will do. I had a bag full of them. There shapes and actual size vary.

Guess I'm one of the crazy ones who uses a 6moa dot. :)

I'm pretty sure there has been lots of threads on this topic. Possibly even a poll or two listing all the different sizes and corresponding results for each.

Chris....I use a 4! Even a 6 looks big to me :surprise:

I know there is a survey on the forum, but I could not find it with a search.

As many have commented, dot size comes down to personnal preference. I suggest you start with an 8 as it is the median size used by shooters. You can always change it if you find it too large or small. You might also ask other open shooters to let you handle there guns in the safe area before you buy. See if the dot size they use works for you and go with it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong,

My thinking is the smaller the dot would make it easier to and faster to hit targets at distance. 8inch plate at 30 yards for example. It would not cover the plate but would be like a pinpoint. Does this statement make any sense?

I have tried 12 moa and use it on 2 matches. It's really good on close up target and you can always see the dot. The problem is shooting a target somewhere past 15 yards that is covered. It usually takes up the whole target. I'm going back to 6 for that reason.

I have tried 12 moa and use it on 2 matches. It's really good on close up target and you can always see the dot. The problem is shooting a target somewhere past 15 yards that is covered. It usually takes up the whole target. I'm going back to 6 for that reason.

Hello: If the large dot is covering up what you are trying to see turn the dot down so you can look through it. It opens up a new world then :D I am thinking about trying a 16MOA dot for shooting steel like the G-Man Bart does :bow: Thanks, Eric

It really doesn't, and it covers far less than even a very narrow front sight (like .090") would...people don't often realize that until you have them actually compare.

A 12moa dot covers 3" at 25yds...not even the full width of the A-zone...and still works perfectly (for me) at 40 or 50yds. R,

It really doesn't, and it covers far less than even a very narrow front sight (like .090") would...people don't often realize that until you have them actually compare.

A 12moa dot covers 3" at 25yds...not even the full width of the A-zone...and still works perfectly (for me) at 40 or 50yds. R,

Before you give up on the 12 MOA dot try turning down the intensity of the dot so you can see through it. This helps on the longer shots.

Pat

Before you give up on the 12 MOA dot try turning down the intensity of the dot so you can see through it. This helps on the longer shots.

Pat

Sorry Eric, this might teach me to look at more than the lat post in a thread.

Started with a 4. Went to a 6. Now have an 8. I find the 8 big and bright enough to find on sunny days and still being able to make long shots without the dot obscuring the target. Being tempted by the 12 lately, but trying to resist.