Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from Ohio

Jonny T

Hey all,

I hope you are all well, I recently joined the Us Concealed Carry Assoc I want to become better with my handguns. Well now at the same time I would love to get into competitive shooting, I am still in the very beginning of my shooting but it really peaks my interest. I am in Cincinnati and just don't know where to start.

Thanks,

Jon

Lots of great shooting around Cincy. :)

You should stop by and either just watch, or jump in and join us in one of our weekly Monday night shooting matches in Miamisburg. Just North of Middletown. We shoot every Monday night. Starts around 4pm and runs to around 8 or 9pm. Cost is $9 to shoot 3 stages, but I think new shooters are free for their first time. We also have a Sunday match once a month (3rd Sunday) that is larger, and costs about $16~17. Starts at 10:00am and runs until about 2pm. We will be holding an "all-classifier" match in March or April (I'm not sure).

6300 S. Union Rd in Miamisburg, OH.

http://miamisburgsportsmensclub.org

=======================================================================================

Check into the USPSA beginners courses being offered at Miami Rifle and Pistol club in the Milford / Batavia area. They also hold a monthly match on Sundays (4th Sunday) that also starts at 10:00 am. They will also be holding an "all-classifier" match in April.

5462 Stonelick-Williams Corner Rd. Batavia, OH

www.miamirifle-pistol.org

=======================================================================================

Also there is an IWLA league in Oxford, OH that has a monthly match (1st Sunday) of every month. They generally have a rifle or shotgun side match after the main pistol match. Cost is $15 for the pistol & another $5 if you want to shoot the long guns too. They also have IDPA matches on other weekends.

5703 Brown Rd. Oxford, OH

Oxford IWLA Club

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the 2011 Ohio State Championship being held at Miami Rifle later this Spring. The match is a 3 day pistol tournament consisting of 9 stages, and a minimum of 234 rounds. This is the 2nd year they have held this match there, so it should be a great time!

http://ohiochampionship.com/

Also welcome to the forum! This is a great place to learn & share. :cheers:

Wow Chris first of all thank you for all of the links, I hope to see some of you at all of the above. The tourney should be real fun. I don't own any long guns but I plan on wanting to do 3 gun at some point. Thanks also to Chris and everyone for the warm welcome.

Johnny,

Welcome to the forums. I shoot most of the local matches around Cincy as well. I am also a member of Miami Rifle and Pistol. I will be giving the new members orientation this Saturday. If you want to come, get there early(1100) as last month we filled up and were turning people away at class time.

Also, I would be more than happy to meet you at the club to go over some of the USPSA basics such as basic terminolgy, rules, gear, etc. I know how some folks like to be somewhat prepared when they show up to their first match. I know I did.:cheers:

Let me know if I can help at all.

Kevin,

I would love to hear from you though, give me some tips and pointers. Maybe what I should start getting together to learn from the start, I will take it all in because I want to be ready.

Thanks,

Jon

Ahhh you and Andy are killing me I will be on vacation, when is the next one?

Jonny T,

The new membership orientation meetings are always on the 1st Saturday of the month at 1:00 p.m., except January. Kevin has some very sage advice in getting there early, since he is on the Board, there is a limit of 30 people each month. I highly encourage you to come out to any of the matches that Chris listed above, even if you don't meet up with Kevin. When you do come to a match, just let the RO know that you are a new shooter. When you find that you like it are addicted to it, I would encourage you to join USPSA and take the RO course as you become very acquainted with the rules. :cheers:

I know if you are a new shooter at Miami Rifle & Pistol, your first match is free. :ph34r:

Kevin,

Thank you so much! I look forward to the PM.

Andy,

Excellent, and thank you for the information. I definitely have a feeling I will be addicted, I am already going once a week to a range and that is standing in one spot and I love that. Something about shooting just makes everything better.

Gotta love the 2nd Amendment, are any of you guys Tea Party Members?

Jon

• 5 months later...

Hey all,

I hope you are all well, I recently joined the Us Concealed Carry Assoc I want to become better with my handguns. Well now at the same time I would love to get into competitive shooting, I am still in the very beginning of my shooting but it really peaks my interest. I am in Cincinnati and just don't know where to start.

Welcome to competitive shooting, and the forum B)