Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Solutions 1911 .22LR Conversion

The mag loader will work on Marvel SS and widebody mags.

It is my understanding that the Kimber mags will work with the Marvel units. Doeas anyone know if any of the less expensive mags will work with the Marvel units? I have found CCI Standard Velocity 22 LR are the most accurate out of the Marvel units and my S&W Model 41.

Edited by Jaxshooter

Finally got my conversion last monday and tried it out. with just a couple of mags and it runs great. the only problem i am having with the mags is that they don't fall free from the gun. they are really tight, i can't even insert them easily. anyone else having this problem.

other than that is is just about perfect, i have shot CCI .22 standard velocity and Winchester LRN bullets and both seem to work well.

Heckler, thanks for the response on mag loader for the TS wide body mags. Please post results here as I really would like to have a solution too.

Jaxshooter, the question was whether a Marvel mag loader would work on a Tactical Solutions wide body mag. After I posted the original question I realized it would not since the TS wide body mags do not have the thumb button on the side like the Marvel mags. The the TS mags are smooth like an STI hi cap mag. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Sumtoc

• 1 year later...

I have a problem with my Tacsol 2211 conversion. When I put it on my open 2011 frame, the hammer will follow the slide upon reset. If I put it on my Kimber 1911 single stack frame it locks back fine. I have no problem with the hammer following the slide on my 2011 with the 38 super slide, only with the tactical solutions 22 upper. It does not appear to be strictly a problem with the disconnector, but rather the slide is not pushing the hammer back far enough to engage the hammer hooks. If I rack the slide,the hammer locks back fine, if I drop the hammer and hold the trigger back and rack the slide, the hammer will follow the slide unless I push the slide down while I rack it.

• 1 year later...

I have a problem with my Tacsol 2211 conversion. When I put it on my open 2011 frame, the hammer will follow the slide upon reset. If I put it on my Kimber 1911 single stack frame it locks back fine. I have no problem with the hammer following the slide on my 2011 with the 38 super slide, only with the tactical solutions 22 upper. It does not appear to be strictly a problem with the disconnector, but rather the slide is not pushing the hammer back far enough to engage the hammer hooks. If I rack the slide,the hammer locks back fine, if I drop the hammer and hold the trigger back and rack the slide, the hammer will follow the slide unless I push the slide down while I rack it.

That is unfortunate. But when a trigger job is done whatever gets stoned or changed to obtain the desired feel can of course change the dynamics of the system. In your case it sounds like somewhere along the line a considerable amount of material was removed from the hammer and/or sear to change the position it catches.

I had one of these for a while on my Night Hawk Custom commander. I had to play with a few things to get it working well. First off, it didn't like Mini Mags as the coating on those bullets would accumulate at the feed ramp/chamber. I eventually found that Fed Bulk HP worked best. The magazines were beautifully crafted but expensive and fussy. I played around a great deal before getting the slide to lock back reliably. One of the solutions was a dedicated slide stop with a slightly curved and polished interface for the plunger pin.

The best thing about that unit was the service I got from TS's tech support. In fact everyone at Tac Sol seemed to be a cut above average.

Eventually I changed out my .22 Conversion for a Nelson Custom that I bought through Night Hawk. Dealing with Larry Nelson and company goes down as my best experience ever in the firearms business. The Nelson unit works perfectly, looks great and has the Nelson support that just can't be beat.

• 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...