Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

recoil spring for M&P Pro

Mike21STI

Stick with the stock spring, especially with factory ammo.

+1 for that. The factory captured spring works well with a wide range of ammo, and makes for a faster/easier takedown & reassembly. For light target loads only, I use a 13# ISMI on a stainless guide rod from Speed Shooter Specialties.

thanks all, will do. I'm used to the 1911 platform so naturally I want to start changing stuff even when it is working properly. I should probably listen to the rule "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I tried a 13# spring in my Pro, and when I shook the gun, it would come out of battery. When I saw that, I put the stock spring back in.

I read this post got up and shook my 9L with a 13 lb spring and it came out of battery, so now it has a 15 lb in it. If you held the gun straight up and down the gun would stay out of battery. Thanks for the heads up

I tried a 13# spring in my Pro, and when I shook the gun, it would come out of battery. When I saw that, I put the stock spring back in.

I read this post got up and shook my 9L with a 13 lb spring and it came out of battery, so now it has a 15 lb in it. If you held the gun straight up and down the gun would stay out of battery. Thanks for the heads up

forgot to write above, but timing Michele (splits) she was faster with the wolf 15 than the 13lb glock spring.

So we have gone back to a 15lb, not only for reliability but also for feel.

I can tell a huge difference in recoil between stock spring and an 11. I run an 11 in a Pro, matched to an Apex striker spring (-4 coils). Have to run both lighter springs. It's so flat with an 11. Have to keep it clean though.

No problem! :cheers:

I certainly didn't want a kaboom, and don't want to see anybody else have one either!

BTW, when I tried the 13# spring, I also tried a reduced power, striker spring, and it helped a little, but, I thought it was still too easy for it to come out of battery.

I've run all the way down to 120pf loads with the "stock" spring, and the brass just dribbles out, but, it runs! :roflol: