Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 TN SECTIONALS

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the shooters meeting is at 7:15am. Are all shooter expected to be there for that? My squad doesn't start till 11:30 and don't want to miss the meeting if we need to be there.

Look back at post #162

I see the shooters meeting is at 7:15am. Are all shooter expected to be there for that? My squad doesn't start till 11:30 and don't want to miss the meeting if we need to be there.

Look back at post #162

162 is concerning registration, the question at hand is the shooters meeting..

Edited by DrawandDuck

Friday shooters: Shooter's meeting at 7:30am, 1st shot at 8am

Saturday shooters: Shooter's meeting at 7:15am (for early shooters) 1st shot at 7:30am

For 9:30/10:30/11:30am shooters- Shooter's meeting will be part of your stage briefings at your 1st stage.

Sunday: 1st shot at 8am.

LUNCH will be catered by Whitt's BBQ at the range on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 2pm for a plate lunch and canned drink for $6.50

See you at the range,

Dundee Uy (MD - 2011 TN Sectionals)

(615)415-5874

Rptstoy1@yahoo.com

Edited by Rptstoy1

warming up my right arm to work the dillon for this match. i'm psyched!! :cheers:

I cranked out 1000 rounds last night, just in case I have to reshoot every stage...twice. :ph34r:

I hope your making Matt carry all that lol.

warming up my right arm to work the dillon for this match. i'm psyched!! :cheers:

I cranked out 1000 rounds last night, just in case I have to reshoot every stage...twice. :ph34r:

I hope your making Matt carry all that lol.

I'll probably leave a few hundred at home. ;)

Matt has to carry all those heavy-ass .45s and moon clips. Not to mention his gun weighs 10 pounds.

Just got back from walking the stages. Lots of decisions for SS, L-10, and Revolver. There aren't many "start at the left and work your way across" stages.

FWIW, the diagrams posted on the website do a fine job of giving a general idea of how the stages actually look, but there are several that look completely different on the ground than they did on paper!

BB

Just got back from walking the stages. Lots of decisions for SS, L-10, and Revolver. There aren't many "start at the left and work your way across" stages.

FWIW, the diagrams posted on the website do a fine job of giving a general idea of how the stages actually look, but there are several that look completely different on the ground than they did on paper!

BB

Looks like some good stages for production, too. :wacko:

I wonder if using a GPS would violate a rule?

Heading out in a couple of hours. The forecast is looking better but I'm still bringing rain gear.

Edited by TGriff

Stages were great, although the notion of using a GPS has merit on the memory stage. Saw several targets with 4 rounds, and more than a few FTEs in our squad. The battle for the top of the middle is fierce!

Very few straight ahead stages - even within divisions, very few shooters shot stages the same way.

Weather was perfect today, good luck with tomorrow and Sunday.

FWIW, I did learn two valuable things today -

1) Don't set your shooting cart on top of someone else's truck while you ride:post-14972-0-16608800-1313188674_thumb.j

2) I need a new range cart.

I just walked hobbled in at home.

My match ended today on stage five.

That's the one with the start on the platform holding a PVC pipe above your head.

When the buzzer sounded I took off and as soon as my left foot hit the ground I felt (and heard) a "pop" in my leg.

I instantly knew what had happened, .... torn calf muscle.

This isn't the first time.

It happened a few years ago at the Florida Open, only it was the right leg that time.

I knew the match was over for me but it didn't hurt too bad at first so I thought I would try to finish the stage.

I shot the first array to my right, reloaded and leaned to the left to take two more.

When I tried to shift my weight and push off it felt like someone stuck a knife in the back of my leg.

I went down on one knee and that was it for me.

I absolutely hate this.

My second major match ruined by injury.

This one looks and feels worse than before.

Now six hours later, it has swollen bad and can't put any weight at all on it.

No running for me for at least a month I would guess. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

BTW the match was outstanding in every way.

The NTPS club did their usual good work.

The stages, at least the ones I saw were pretty challenging

Tls

Edited by 38superman

Got home about 11 last night after shooting all day. Had a pretty solid performance but yet again looks like I'll fall short to another great shooter at the TN sectional! The stages where awesome, as usual, challenging yet fun and left a ton a of ways to shoot them! Keep up the good work guys!:cheers:

I had a great time at the match. It ran very smoothly and the ROs and match officials were first class.

I definitely got some much needed stage planning experience at this match. I'll just say that "Hide and Seek" lived up to its name. :ph34r:

Many thanks to all those that put it together and volunteered their time.

edit: Also thanks to Matt for the coaching. I would be lost in a barrel on stage 9 if not for his advice.

Edited by TGriff