Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What aftermarket internals are you guys running on your Glocks?

Pelican82

USPSA Limited Major G35: Bar-Sto barrel, ZEV lightened striker, LS Ti plunger, LW 3.5 connector, 4# striker spring, 6# trigger spring, Tungsten Guide rod with ISMI 15# spring. I have 2 internal mods I make on my trigger housings to reduce overtravel and take-up. Right at 2 pounds. Dawson sights, JP mag release and THE mag well.

USPSA Production (What I shot in IDPA ESP) G22: Same as above except Wilson barrel, no mod for take-up, 13# recoil spring.

USPSA Open Minor: Still working on it.

A 10cent 4-40 set screw for trigger take-up and a Wolf reduced power striker spring in my G34.

It will set off Winchester and Federal small pistol primers without fail. It will not reliabliy light off Wolf small pistol primers.

This set up with Daswon sights got me to Master.

Glockworx fulcrum trigger.

Glockworx 2lb race connector.

Glockworkx titanium FP safety & spring.

Glock striker & striker spring.

Gives me about a 3# pull with no takeup and short reset.

I tried using a reduced power striker spring, but I got light primer stikes.

I'll probably try a lightweight striker. Looking to get that 2# trigger pull, and still have good primer strikes.

A lightened striker with lightened striker spring gets me almost 100% ignition reliability with winchester SP primers but to get to a full 100% I needed to switch to federal SP primers. It depends on the gun though, some folks can get 100% reliability with win primers and a stock striker and lightened spring. Not me however.

In my G34 I run an 13# recoil spring on captured stainless steel guide rod, 3.5# trigger connector, titanium safety plunger with stock spring, heavier trigger spring, $.25 trigger job, and a striker spring out of a glock I bought 7 years and a couple thousand rounds ago. Gun runs 100%.

USPSA Limited Major G35: Bar-Sto barrel, ZEV lightened striker, LS Ti plunger, LW 3.5 connector, 4# striker spring, 6# trigger spring, Tungsten Guide rod with ISMI 15# spring. I have 2 internal mods I make on my trigger housings to reduce overtravel and take-up. Right at 2 pounds. Dawson sights, JP mag release and THE mag well.

USPSA Production (What I shot in IDPA ESP) G22: Same as above except Wilson barrel, no mod for take-up, 13# recoil spring.

USPSA Open Minor: Still working on it.

Troublefree...had to go look at my notes.

The G35, from Jan last year until Jan of this year had 8,000 total rounds through it. One light strike that I am going to attritube to a bad round. I had about 12 magazine related jams. I had 2 mags in May that had problems, I thought it was ammo, got lazy and did not rebuild them. Picked them up last week and had 5 jams on one stage. I have a back-up G35 with about the same set-up. Once I got it tuned, it has 2300 rounds with no problems at all.

The G22 currently sits right at 9200 rounds over 11 years with not a single jam or light strike.

Both of these guns will get ALL new springs in the next week or so.

IF you run a reduced power striker spring, it is almost imperative that you run a lightended striker OR change the springs often. This information has been out there for at least 15 years and has casued a lot of Glockers a lot of greif, but we still get experimenters trying it, and some get away with it. :surprise:

IF you run a reduced power striker spring, it is almost imperative that you run a lightended striker OR change the springs often. This information has been out there for at least 15 years and has casued a lot of Glockers a lot of greif, but we still get experimenters trying it, and some get away with it. :surprise:

Never heard of that but. I guess I'm one of the ones getting away with it and have been for 5 years on the same spring but that's only about 10,000 rounds for me.

Never heard of that but. I guess I'm one of the ones getting away with it and have been for 5 years on the same spring but that's only about 10,000 rounds for me.

Probably fine if you clean the striker channel. "Often" is around 10K firings. It seems somewhere after 10K firings that the issues start to appear on a more regular basis. Some guys like to change at 5K, I'll go to 10K, or once a year.

G34 - KKM Barrel, titanium striker and safety plunger, overtravel stop, SS captured guide rod with 13# spring, reduced striker and return spring, 3.5# connector, Dawson Precision Adj. rear sight with red fiber optic front, all moving parts polished to a shine.

G35 - same as above, but with 15# spring, full stippled grip, double undercut and rounded triggerguard, and JP magwell. Glock mags with Dawson Precision extended baseplates and wolf springs.

G22 - My duty gun. Stock except for decal grip.

I have used some lone wolf springs ect without issue but have recently gone back to all oem parts. I became a glock armorer and just can't see a reason not to use glock stuff. My glocks are all set up the same with ny1 springs, - connectors (often called 3.5 connectors) and if they are compacts I replace the trigger bar and trigger with one from a full size as I don't like serated triggers. They are trouble free and I really like this trigger set up to me it is more like a traditional da trigger.

I have used some lone wolf springs ect without issue but have recently gone back to all oem parts. I became a glock armorer and just can't see a reason not to use glock stuff. My glocks are all set up the same with ny1 springs, - connectors (often called 3.5 connectors) and if they are compacts I replace the trigger bar and trigger with one from a full size as I don't like serated triggers. They are trouble free and I really like this trigger set up to me it is more like a traditional da trigger.

That is great advice for everyone in my class. :sight:

Just ordered a 22 and a few new items for it, going for a Ltd Major gun.

This is what's going into it:

Dawson Precision Heavy Ice magwell

Lone Wolf Barrel

Dawson Precision FO front sight, Warren Tactical rear

Glockworx Spring kit

Glockworx race connector

Glockworx Extended mag release

BB Carver guide rod, ISMI 13lb spring

LWD Extended slide release

TF Brass mag extensions

Modifications will include a trigger safety smoothing, plunger resurfacing, finger groove removal, and the usual polishing.

Just ordered a 22 and a few new items for it, going for a Ltd Major gun.

This is what's going into it:

Dawson Precision Heavy Ice magwell

Lone Wolf Barrel

Dawson Precision FO front sight, Warren Tactical rear

Glockworx Spring kit

Glockworx race connector

Glockworx Extended mag release

BB Carver guide rod, ISMI 13lb spring

LWD Extended slide release

TF Brass mag extensions

Modifications will include a trigger safety smoothing, plunger resurfacing, finger groove removal, and the usual polishing.

That about covers it!

G34

EFK FireDragon Barrel

ISMI 13# recoil spring

ISMI SS guide rod

Wolff reduced striker

Wolff extra power trigger

Wolff reduced safety

25 cent trigger job

Sevigny sights

grip tape

Waiting to see if I need the lightened striker

Don't need any of this because stock out shoots me anyway. I just like to work on my guns.

Just finished setting my G35 up for USPSA Production.

- KKM Barrel

- Wolff 14lb recoil spring

- Wolff extra power trigger spring

- Wolff reduced power safety block spring

- Wolff factory standard striker spring - I've decided to install the spring that came with the 14lb recoil instead of the reduced spring that came with the competition pack to reduce the chances of light primer strike.

- Wolff recoil rod

- Ghost Rocket connector

- Sights: Warren plain rear; Sevigny FO .245 front

- Some polishing and light sanding of trigger parts

Just minor mods for now. I'll probably add more if I decide to go Limited.

3.5lb ghost trigger connector Wolff 11lb recoil spring

Wolff 4lb reduced power striker spring reduced power safety block spring 1000 rounds+ no problems

Extra power trigger spring

Edited by Smo11

• 4 weeks later...

G34 in USPSA Production:

- reduced power striker spring

- increased power trigger spring

- reduced power safety pin spring

- extended length steel, non-captured guide rod

- 13 lbs flat wound recoil spring

- warren/Sevigney Competition sights (.245 FO front)

- stoned and polished all internal friction points to mirror finish

- decreased tension applied by the 3.5 lbs connector on trigger bar by (carefully) thinning connector

- Hogue grip

The gun probably has 1000 rds through it with this setup. So far, trouble free.

Edited by ACraig

Forgot to mention I also installed a lone wolf trigger housing unit with adjustable overtravel stop. This is a very good upgrade IMHO, but get an armor's rear plate to use while installing it, and don't try to take out too much overtravel or the trigger starts to feel "mushy."

Edited by ACraig

ODG34 with...

Glock Worx Competition trigger

Ghost Rocket connector

Wolf trigger and plunger springs

ISMI stainless guide rod with 15# recoil spring

Lightning Strike Titanium plunger

Dawson Precision sights fron and rear.

Edited by 92fs