Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Date Night at the Range!

Not knowing more details... did you try to coach her? if so... slap yourself upside the head and Dont do it again.

My wife and I are both shooters. I am bag carrier, her mag loader, her ammo bearer, her gun cleaner, her ammo loader, her strong supporter when she has a bad day... but I AM NOT HER COACH!

It took me a while, but even if she is doing something wrong on a stage, I keep my mouth shut and let her figure it out. Just answer her questions, but don't expound on the answers. Just let her have fun (if she is safe).

Next time you want to take her to the range, try to arrange to go with another couple. Sometimes having another woman (especial if she shoots)around to hang out and shoot with, can go a long way to breaking the ice into a range session.

Side note: A trip to the range, in my experiance should never, ever.......ever, be called a date. I know If I did this with my wife she would probably shoot me (metaphorically speaking of course). My wife considers a movie, dinner, a drive to the beach, a romantic walk etc etc part of a date......just sayin. B)

It is likely to remain a mystery. I take it as proof the Deity is twisted in strange ways, that we find ourselves on a planet way out on the edge of the Galaxy, reproductively dependent on an Alien species. Sometimes she will like you and sometimes not. I used to like it when mine liked me. Now it's a time of dread as I know that, before too long, it'll change again. If I could just find a Monastery dedicated to adulation of John Moses Browning and his great works.....

Hey, where I come from, going to the range to shoot is a WONDERFUL idea for a date. Not only that, I'm seeing more and more couples shooting at the local range than ever before--and that's wonderful too. They're being safe, coaching each other and having fun... it's terrific. :D

Hey, where I come from, going to the range to shoot is a WONDERFUL idea for a date. Not only that, I'm seeing more and more couples shooting at the local range than ever before--and that's wonderful too. They're being safe, coaching each other and having fun... it's terrific. :D

+1

+1

+1 again. I'd be quite happy with that. But in contrast to your wife Ed, I'll tote load, clean and reload my own.

Perhaps I am too independent. :roflol:

I thought date night with the wife was where I take her to her favorite resturant and then to some sappy movie that I decide I can enjoy. Then we talk about the movie on the way home. Date night is all about her. Just like it was 29 years ago when I would have done anything to please her. :rolleyes:

I love my wife. She saved my life.

+1

+1 again. I'd be quite happy with that. But in contrast to your wife Ed, I'll tote load, clean and reload my own.

Perhaps I am too independent. :roflol:

knowing then what I know now... nope, not gonna say it, she is a member on this board.

I thought date night with the wife was where I take her to her favorite resturant and then to some sappy movie that I decide I can enjoy. Then we talk about the movie on the way home. Date night is all about her. Just like it was 29 years ago when I would have done anything to please her. :rolleyes:

I love my wife. She saved my life.

I think a lot of us might be able to say without reservation that our wives probably saved our lives. I am pretty sure mine did.