Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 4 G-35

Paul-the new guy

I picked up a gen-4 Glock 35 this weekend. I got a a pretty good deal for it being a gun show and all.... I have been wanting one for a while but the best deal I could find ever was $570.00 I know GSSF is less but I never think to join till right after I buy a gun which is always "the last one I am going to buy for a long time"... haha I have said that 4 times in about 6 months. Anyway, brand new in the box with 3 magazines and all the goodies....$525.00 :cheers:

IMAG0050.jpg

I picked up a gen-4 Glock 35 this weekend. I got a a pretty good deal for it being a gun show and all.... I have been wanting one for a while but the best deal I could find ever was $570.00 I know GSSF is less but I never think to join till right after I buy a gun which is always "the last one I am going to buy for a long time"... haha I have said that 4 times in about 6 months. Anyway, brand new in the box with 3 magazines and all the goodies....$525.00 :cheers:

IMAG0050.jpg

Congratulations on a great pistol and you got it for less than total GSSF price. Cost of gun plus $35 GSSF fee would exceed $525.

Picked up my G34 Gen4 today, but had to leave the slide at the shop....they just got an email from the importer that all G34 Gen4 and G35 Gen4 have to go back to Austria for slide replacement.

I get a new slide with same serial#.

But for now I'm slide-less.....

So I guess you have to swap slides one day too!

I guess yours is also Austrian made?

post-29891-042664800 1298472010_thumb.jp

It doesn't come with a beavertail backstrap....I tried to order it, but here they never heard of it....

I told the importer that it was introduced at the SHOT show, but he thinks it's a US-Glock part....not (yet) available in Europe.

In the letter from the importer they spoke about problems that arose with the slide during endurance testing.

In the letter from the importer they spoke about problems that arose with the slide during endurance testing.

There have been unsubstantiated rumors here in the US about the way the recoil assembly is mating with the front of the slide.

I have had a G34 on order from Glock for almost 3 months so maybe this is why they are so backlogged.

the new guy is gone.....

It is a slide problem....I could take the recoil spring and the barrel home with me, but not the slide....

What the exact problem is....I really don't know.

But it affects both the G34 as well as the G35 (Gen4) according to the letter.