Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has Open Gun progress stopped?

kdj

"Rays" would obstensibly operate by shooting highly energized particles at a target which would then impart this energy to the target causing it to burn up or disintegrate or whatever.

Oh golly wow! Instead of resetting steel, people will be carrying them all over the place to replace the shot-out ones. On the bright side, no need to calibrate them to fall. :lol:

Seriously, I want a dot sight integrated into my Rudy's... :P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, I want a dot sight integrated into my Rudy's... :P

That shouldn't really be that hard... the military is using that on helicopters and planes, seems like to me a small camera attached to the gun and sighted in, sending pic's to a heads up display....

hmm.....

Bob

Seriously, I want a dot sight integrated into my Rudy's...  :P

That shouldn't really be that hard... the military is using that on helicopters and planes, seems like to me a small camera attached to the gun and sighted in, sending pic's to a heads up display....

I've head Nolan talk about putting a Hosercam on the gun and if you get a pair of shooting glasses with a built in mini-moniter ...

Great for shooting around tight barricades when you can't get your eye near the sight ;)

I always thought the next evolution of the race pistol would be fixed barrels. Picture a Ruger .22 pistol design but shooting major power in supercomp! I managed to pick up one of the original Wolf prototypes to play around with (3rd generation). My understanding is that it was still being developed and ran out of money before all the bugs were worked out. It has some neat features, and the feel of just that little bolt weight moving back and forth is encouraging. Worst part is that its based on a european CZ style grip rather than the familiar 1911. Would love to see the same design perfected and hinged onto a 1911 gun, but this may be better for those with smaller hands.

Until that time, I may sell the Wolf and focus more effort on a short-slide 2011 race gun. Anyone interested is a piece of history and a chance at the future? I've got a few extra mags, and even a bag of spare parts.

Ideas we've got. What we do not have is the capital, engineering expertise, and manufacturing capability to turn those ideas into parts and guns.

I wonder what it would cost to build a one-off truely custom gun?

Even if we imagine having to hand machine everything from barrel through frame, if there's no intent to get to cost effective manufacturing but just to build one perfect gun, it might be in the realm of the imaginable?

We just have to find a very creative smith with time to invest in building a gun soley for bragging rights (and pay at an hourly rate) 'cause it wouldn't be cost effective to build another one.

This is starting to sound interesting :rolleyes:

Ideas we've got. What we do not have is the capital, engineering expertise, and manufacturing capability to turn those ideas into parts and guns.

Then promote it. You don't have to have engineering expertise, manufacturing capabilities or capital to make it work. If your idea works and is proven to be effective, companies out there will rush to help you out and even buy your ideas for some big $$$$$.

Eric's pistol is the latest improvement made to the Tanfoglio line of open pistols.

It's called the V8 Hybrid system and it has been tested for two years before it came out on the market.

As all the others Hybrid, it's flat but loud and hard kicking in the hand.

Of course, that's not only about the instrument, there is a little of the player too !

SPS, the spanish manufacturer is working on some kind of "gas gun".

If I understood correctly, there is a small hole in front of the chamber and it goes directly into the first chamber of the comp before the bullet.

I would have tried it by I couldn't (hey top secret ok ;) )

It's called the V8 Hybrid system

Are you perhaps trying to convince me that Open Division is the "formula 1" of IPSC shooting?

If so, I feel I'm still stuck in kart racing (a.k.a. Standard Division)!

Not to mention those playing bicycle races (...Revolver...) :P:ph34r:

Edited by Skywalker67

as for likening revolver to bicycle racing, there is little doubt that Lance is the toughest dude(was going to use another adjective!) on the planet......... he'd beat schumaker(sp?) with 1 leg....... 1/2 a leg......

that's funny I use the same analogy trying to explain our sport. It works.

And I like Pro-stock, always was a fan of the monster door slammers, big v-8s making a ton of horses and doing it with normal aspiration, pushing a reasonably production body through the air.......it is the macho division, just like Limited / standard.

No one has mentioned that hybrid non-comp thing SV is building. If that gets approved it will be THE hot lick in Lim / stan. I shot a hybrid .45 and before my mind even registered the lack of recoil I noticed the front site never moved.

AMEN!!! That is the worst system ever implemented. That is something the friggin' Dems would come up with if I ever saw it. Design by commitee. Don't excell, and don't award prizes for excellence it might hurt someone's feelings.

I shot the Heritage single stack a couple of years back, and had big time gun problems, shot terrible on top of that and finished 11th. So with 30 shooters I was 1st Silver. I got a trophy, a check and two trips to the prize table, the #10 got some used shok buff and a bag of once fired primers. I was embarrassed.

The ONLY fair ways to distribute prizes are by raw order of finish (no classes), or complete random drawing. Everything else is either a joke or promotes sandbagging.