Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Mississippi Classic

Lynn,

I think that the orange wall is actually that orange snow fencing that is used as soft cover so often in matches. That might be one of spanky's stages, you could ask him...

Chris

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like maybe those two lighter colored walls are soft-cover. ??

Whoops.... I shoulda hit refresh before I replied. :wacko:

Edited by MrClean

I keep hearing on the news about the mississippi river overflowing and the terrible tornados that hit that general area. How are you guys holding up?

Also, John H. got your message and will call you today.

Thanks

We have the Pearl River that runs right by and behind our range but, oddly enough, the Pearl seems to be dropping. I looked when I crossed over last night and the high water mark of a few days ago was two or three feet above the current water level.

I also wanted to let everyone know that we'll be holding a crawfish boil at the range under our new pavilion on Saturday night. All Mississippi Classic competitors and guests are invited to attend. No cover, just free crawfish and beer as long as they last.

John

:cheers:

Lynn,

I think that the orange wall is actually that orange snow fencing that is used as soft cover so often in matches. That might be one of spanky's stages, you could ask him...

Chris

Thanks Chris. Yes, that should be soft cover.

I know it's a little late to plan a trip, but are there any slots left for the mstch? I'm considering traveling from the Ft. Benning area, and unitl this point wasn't sure of my work schedule, but it looks like my weekend is free.

I am pretty sure there are no spaces left, but try contacting John (King of match Directors) Heiter at (601) 925-5372 or msclassic@teammagnolia.com.

He can tell you whether or not you have a chance to get in the match. Good Luck to you.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give a quick update. We just finished up our first full day of setup activities and things could not have gone better. We had loads of great help and we're way ahead of schedule. Nine out of ten stages are set up so tomorrow should be an easy day which I could use because I still haven't loaded any bullets for the match. I'm confident I'll be somewhere between sub-minor and super-major but I'm not too worried about it.

I've had a few folks asking if there will be problems getting to or back from the range. I'm no flood expert, but so far they haven't closed the Mississippi river to barge traffic in the Vicksburg area and my redneck math tells me that means a 25-30 foot tall barge can still pass safely under the bottom of the bridge so I don't think we're in any danger of I-20 being closed. The Pearl river that runs close behind the range is well below flood stage and should not be a factor at all unless you plan to stop to fish.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone Friday night at registration.

John

We are smoking for this week-end. Stages are all up and we will put up targets in the AM to check for final tweaking and then the RO's shoot. John is nervous because everything is going so smooth. I keep telling him not to worry. We may get wet a little tomorrow, but the main match is going to be clear and mid 70's. We may even get lucky tomorrow, since it all supposed to be scattered T-storms.