Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide cut ideas for the Frankingun?

Aircooled6racer

Hello: I have a new slide and I am letting you guys give me some ideas on what slide cuts I should do on it? As you can tell I have some time on my hands today since it is a snow day here and the kids are home :surprise: It is snowing right now and the shop is a little cold at 45 degrees. Let me see your ideas on the slide cuts. Here is a pic of the plane slide that is a 5" STI. The barrel is a KKM with a titanium Bedell comp. Thanks, Eric

post-9254-073955900 1296586992_thumb.jpg

post-9254-024009000 1296587008_thumb.jpg

Are you going to use a handle or serrations only for operating the slide?

I've been looking at the work by Matt Cheely and Gary Natale for a future build and I like the "incline" that Gary does for the front end of the slide.

My $.02

Hello: I may be a girly man but I did shovelled snow for 29 years and don't like doing it now. Rotten kids won't clean my truck off either :surprise: Well as they say we need pics :roflol: It will have a racker since "whatmeworry" likes unloaded table starts. It will also have a 90 degree C-More mount. Now post some pics. Thanks, Eric

How about lightening the front by chopping away from the top to the sides in kind of a 45° +/- slope, starting 3/4" from the muzzle going back to 3/4" before the chamber.

Then cut away the top and the sides of the rear of the slide as far as you can, leaving no space for serrations. Skateboard tape for racking, in case of sideways mount, makes for a classy finishing touch. If you try this, I want to see a picture. Please.

Oh, lest I forget. Howdy from Houston, what does 45°F feel like? Must be brutal...

Edited by Team Amish 1

I like the clean look, the upper you just sold was sweet. Get the weight down without being obvious. No holes except for hybrid holes. Thin the full length of the slide, tri top, high power type pannel cut on the front (would look better with full profile slide and might thin your comp too much) and pannel the back, swoop the back leaving room for the slideracker, 45 the bottom outside edges. Tight blend with the comp and you got one smooth blaster. :wub:

Hello: Keep the ideas coming. It is another snow day here although it is not snowing :surprise: I guess it has to do with the bad drivers here. I lived in Toronto for 29 years we never had snow days even though one day it snowed 18" and I still walked to school. Uphill coming home only :roflol: Keep the ideas coming since the ones so far are great :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Hello: It seems you guys like the High Power cut. Thanks, Eric

Hello; Wait a minute not everyone likes those cut. This is what my new gun looks like: http://www.sashooter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=788 I can't take credit for the design, I copied Robert Snyders gun. After this picture was taken the serrations on the back of the slide were taken all the way to the end making it easier to rack the slide. You know I don't put a stick on my slides. I also had it hard chromed.