Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

American Idol

Dan Hefta

I haven't watched this show in a couple of years, got sick of Simon's negitivity. I thought that I would give it a try this year because of Steven Tyler and J-Lo... I am a little embarassed to say this but I really like the show this year. It has a totally new attitude and so far has not let me down. Steven Tyler is one cool cat and J-Lo is really hot and super nice, even Randy Jackson has a new attitude. The tallent this year seems to be better too. :cheers:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched this show in a couple of years, got sick of Simon's negitivity. I thought that I would give it a try this year because of Steven Tyler and J-Lo... I am a little embarassed to say this but I really like the show this year. It has a totally new attitude and so far has not let me down. Steven Tyler is one cool cat and J-Lo is really hot and super nice, even Randy Jackson has a new attitude. The tallent this year seems to be better too. :cheers:

I usually only watch the first few shows to see the "Im the best singer in the world people" that truly stink! :roflol:

But Steve Tyler is cracking me up! He is just plain funny. I may stick with it this year.

I've only watched one season, a few years ago. I've been watching it this year. Pretty good.

I like the judges. They are doing a good job, IMO. They are giving some a chance that have a little something...that needs polished up. They may need to weed a few more out, but that will likely happen in the next round.

Bigpops...that is Steven Tyler...LOL.

I usually only watch the first few shows to see the "Im the best singer in the world people" that truly stink! :roflol:

thats usually what I do too. I just keep asking myself "why do these people waste everyone's time? they HAVE to know they cant sing......" I havent watched any of this season tho, maybe ill give it a try.

With Simon gone, I didn't know if it would be any good this year. Yea, he may be negative at times, but he tells you like it is, straight out.

I have been watching it, and I like it. Though I have it on record & don't watch it live.....the "other half" is not a fan :lol:

I've only watched one season, a few years ago. I've been watching it this year. Pretty good.

I like the judges. They are doing a good job, IMO. They are giving some a chance that have a little something...that needs polished up. They may need to weed a few more out, but that will likely happen in the next round.

Bigpops...that is Steven Tyler...LOL.

:roflol: Yes I caught that last night. My son found it funny too as my first name is Steven but I prefer Steve. Perhaps I'm not a big enough diva to insist! :roflol:

I have never watched, don't intend on watching it, have no use for it. American Idol actually makes my job more difficult than what it should be. I'm an installation contractor for AT&T, and because of all the voting and other crap that has to do with the show, and the fact they use AT&T for their communications company, makes AT&T have "Quiet" times. A "Quiet" time is when we are not allowed to work on the network (do upgrades, modifications, installations, etc.), so they shut us down. We still get paid by our parent company, but can't work. Downside to this is, AT&T doesn't care why you didn't make a complete date on an order/job (even if it's them telling us that we can't work because of the voting going on), they fine us if we miss a complete date, we are still responsible and it costs us money.

But, it's probably pretty funny.....If I watched it....

I have never watched, don't intend on watching it, have no use for it. American Idol actually makes my job more difficult than what it should be. I'm an installation contractor for AT&T, and because of all the voting and other crap that has to do with the show, and the fact they use AT&T for their communications company, makes AT&T have "Quiet" times. A "Quiet" time is when we are not allowed to work on the network (do upgrades, modifications, installations, etc.), so they shut us down. We still get paid by our parent company, but can't work. Downside to this is, AT&T doesn't care why you didn't make a complete date on an order/job (even if it's them telling us that we can't work because of the voting going on), they fine us if we miss a complete date, we are still responsible and it costs us money.

So why do they call you "Grumpy one"? :roflol:

(just having some fun) :cheers:

So why do they call you "Grumpy one"? :roflol:

(just having some fun) :cheers:

Nah, I'm not grumpy, not when I'm not working anyway. Homer Simpson said it best "The phone company is bamboozling you!"...

I didn't know that Simon was a BE Member. :roflol:

Yeah, my wife's a big fan, so I kinda have to watch it, since she's a good sport about watching all of my shooting & hunting shows. Usually, I endure it. But this year, with the addition of Steven Tyler, I have just almost like it a little. ;)

Sure, laugh it up......I'll turn yer phones off first, then yer internet..... :roflol:

Better hurry. Before long, you might flip an AT&T switch and nobody will notice.

Nobody but the bloody FCC.....Some of my co-workers shut down the Key West Naval air station telephones on January 10th.....Not fun....

I really like American Idol. My wife has always watched it and that sort of got me into it. I didn't see more than 5 min of last night's episode because of the stupid rolling blackouts (see "What I Hate" forum). Either way, the cowboy kid in the first episode who sang the Josh Turner song was AMAZING! Problem is, they will probably make him sing hip-hop later in the season and he'll get cut because he can't do it well.

We shall see....

I like that Randy is the new Simon. He has dealt out alot more harsh judgment than in past seasons with Simon. I personally liked Simon....I thought his criticism was good for the most part when the competition got good between the last few contestants and if they were bad enough to recieve one of his extremely harsh remarks, they usually werent good enough to be on the show anyway. Plus, his studio gave the winner the record deal, so he could say whatever he wanted IMO. :lol:

Either way, the cowboy kid in the first episode who sang the Josh Turner song was AMAZING! Problem is, they will probably make him sing hip-hop later in the season and he'll get cut because he can't do it well.

+1!!!

If he can't get far into the competition, hopefully he can make it to a point where the right people are watching & pick him up. He was excellent.