Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

American Idol

Dan Hefta

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your predicitions except for Thia. She has the whole package. Great (and strong) voice, beautiful, and happy. I get turned off by the singers who have the standard sobb story about how hard their life is and how they just need to make it in the music world. I don't care about your personal life, it just makes me depressed....people listen to music because it cheers them up or soothes the soul somehow. For that reason, I like Scottie and Thia.

Stefano's voice just wasn't that strong. He can sing on pitch, but his voice quality just isn't that good. Or maybe it's just not my type. I think J-Lo is just in love with him, but I didn't think he had a very strong performance last night.

I really liked J-Lo's comment about Thia, though; about how she could be the next Celine Dion. I really do think she has a voice that could be one of the greats...especially with some formal training to perfect everything. At this point, everyone left will nail a record deal, but I have high hopes for the longevity of Thia and Scottie.

I think Scottie is good, but not GREAT. He has a very unique voice quality but sometimes it's TOO country. He risks alot on stage, because if he gets voted off, he'll just go back to high school and has nothing to lose :roflol: He'll end up with a country record deal anyway.

Edited by Erik S.

I agree with your predicitions except for Thia. She has the whole package. Great (and strong) voice, beautiful, and happy. I get turned off by the singers who have the standard sobb story about how hard their life is and how they just need to make it in the music world. I don't care about your personal life, it just makes me depressed....people listen to music because it cheers them up or soothes the soul somehow. For that reason, I like Scottie and Thia.

Stefano's voice just wasn't that strong. He can sing on pitch, but his voice quality just isn't that good. Or maybe it's just not my type. I think J-Lo is just in love with him, but I didn't think he had a very strong performance last night.

I really liked J-Lo's comment about Thia, though; about how she could be the next Celine Dion. I really do think she has a voice that could be one of the greats...especially with some formal training to perfect everything. At this point, everyone left will nail a record deal, but I have high hopes for the longevity of Thia and Scottie.

I think Scottie is good, but not GREAT. He has a very unique voice quality but sometimes it's TOO country. He risks alot on stage, because if he gets voted off, he'll just go back to high school and has nothing to lose :roflol: He'll end up with a country record deal anyway.

I think you have Thia and Pia mixed up... Thia is the cute as a button 16 year old Asian chick... Pia is the smokin' hot girl with the voice of an angel.

Yes, Pia has a very strong, great voice, but I'm sorry....the ballads every week are boring the heck out of me. :yawn:

Still like Paul. Jacob will go all the way for sure.

I think the bottom 3 will be:

Haley

Stefano

Lauren

Yes, Pia has a very strong, great voice, but I'm sorry....the ballads every week are boring the heck out of me. :yawn:

Haley

Stefano

Lauren

She can bore the heck out me anytime! :blush:

The judges (Randy) actually mentioned how she's sang a ballad the last 3 times. I think she'll take the advice and come back with something more upbeat next time.

Yeah, I was getting tired of the ballad lane she's been cruising in, but I think she's smart enough to take that advice and change it up next week.

Haley

Stefano

Lauren

She can bore the heck out me anytime! :blush:

:rolleyes:

:P

Casey is good but he is too wacko for most, the weird facial expressions, the shaggy beard... a little over the top. I think that all they did was save him so they could have him for the summer tour. He won't make it mauch longer in the competiton. He should get a Oscar for his fainting spell. :roflol:

Casey is good but he is too wacko for most, the weird facial expressions, the shaggy beard... a little over the top. I think that all they did was save him so they could have him for the summer tour. He won't make it mauch longer in the competiton. He should get a Oscar for his fainting spell. :roflol:

He's been in the hospital twice since the competition began. I don't think it was an act. I think they dang near needed the Defibrillator on him. I think Casey will end up in the top 5, 4, 3? Don't know if he'll win it, but he's got skills. I'd rather see him than that gigantic chick with the shaved head. I think everyone thought Casey was safe last night and tried voting for their number 2 or 3 or 4 to make sure they got through. It's happened in previous years, which is why they have the save.

Yea, definitely a bit of a surpriser.

I don't think they should've used the save on him. There's way better talent there that could use it later on.

But like someone said, they probably just wanted him to stay on for the summer tour.

Casey is very talented. He said he likes to push the musical edge, but this is a competition and not a time for him to go exploring in uncharted musical territory.

I agree. He's extremely talented.

He won't win because the folks that vote the most won't see that, but he'll probably have a lucrative recording career waiting for him anyway.

Well...just before Haley came on to finish up the show, I had my top four picked out for the night and was wondering who I might put in my 5th spot.

Looked like this:

1. Pia

2. Lauren

3. Casey

4. Jacob

Casey and Jacob...I could have those two swap places.

To that point, I thought Thia had the next best performance of the night. Long term though...I like Scotty, who was right there in the pack of solid performers.

Then Haley came out and stole the show!!!

Tonight:

1. Haley

2. Pia

3. Lauren

4. Casey

5. Jacob

For the most part, I agree Kyle.

Except for Jacob... His stuff is getting old. I was a huge fan at first but I'm over the whole dramatic vibrato thing.

I think Scotty, Paul and Stefano all sucked tonight. My picks for the bottom 3.

James was ho-hum.

Thia was weak.

Casey was trying too hard.

I liked Niama, contrary to the judges.

Pia was just... wow! :wub:

Was reruns on the other shows I normally watched so tuned into American idol for the first time in years,

Seriously judges, there is more than one adjective in the English language, All three of you could be replaced by a sign that says, "Beautiful" because you said the same thing for every single contestant.

Lesson one for Not sucking at Karaoke, "Dont sing songs that are boring and no one wants to hear" what a boring selection of songs. Freakazoid with the Dumbo ears at least tried to liven it up with "Saturday Night" but the rest were just plain bad karaoke. Guess he would get my vote for sucking the least.

I dont see the next anybody in this bunch. Maybe it was just the theme for the night.