Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Viking Tactics Sights

clintreich

hahaha. I just found a pic of them.

lordy lordy.

Im waiting for when someone will come up with a front sight with a little white gloved hand pointing to the center top of the post.

where??

Holy buckets.

For that price, you could buy 3 more mags from Botach Tactical, a set of Dawson fixed sights (with or without dots/fibers), and the Apex M&P45 action kit which includes their sear, striker block kit, and sear springs. If you want 3 more dots get some lume paint and your done.

Wow.

Hey has anybody installed the new Viking tactics sights yet. thought about getting them for an M&P 45c i have on order. Looks and sounds like a good idea, any thoughts, likes, dislikes. thanks guys

The sight set looks awful distracting. There is too much going on to focus cleanly on the front sight, probably not the best option for most of us around here. It looks to be a compromise offering the fiber optic for daylight and tritium for night, but you know what they say about compromises. And they are a bit pricey to boot.

Didn't someone (Ameriglo, maybe?) already mix tritium for low-light with fiber optics for daylight? (I seem to remember that the tritium ringed the FO.) That would seem to be the way to go, instead of having 6 dots.

And the price! But I bet lots of the M4carbine crowd will buy it.

Didn't someone (Ameriglo, maybe?) already mix tritium for low-light with fiber optics for daylight? (I seem to remember that the tritium ringed the FO.) That would seem to be the way to go, instead of having 6 dots.

And the price! But I bet lots of the M4carbine crowd will buy it.

Tru-Glo makes a TFO. While I do not have them on my match gun, I have a set on my priamry defense gun and unlike many folks, I love them. They have held up so far to enough rounds to cause a failure. These V-Tac look like they would give me a headache. :sick: They are on the new M&P.

To the OP, If your looking for a set of sights for your Carrygun that have a F/O and TRITIUM I would sugest TruGlo TFO sights.

TFO

And they wont cost you both your arm and leg. Honestly though my M&P9c carries Trijicon sights, which works just as good.

Holy buckets.

For that price, you could buy 3 more mags from Botach Tactical, a set of Dawson fixed sights (with or without dots/fibers), and the Apex M&P45 action kit which includes their sear, striker block kit, and sear springs. If you want 3 more dots get some lume paint and your done.

Wow.

Yeah and you can wait a year for your items to show up from botach also. I don't see any use for these sights in competition but I do see them being a great sight for combat. The biggest issue with tritium is how dim it is in daylight but works great for night so doing both is a great idea. The fiber optics in daytime are so bright your eyes will go to the top sights right away while at night they will be dark and the tritium will be glowing bright leading your eyes to the lower sight.

I think these will be a bigger seller than most people think. JMHO

Holy buckets.

Wow.

Yeah and you can wait a year for your items to show up from botach also.

Thread drift, but I ordered 7 of them in December and had them on my doorstep in four days (9mm).

Thanks for all the replies, but it doesn't seem like anyone is any better off than I am. What I mean is I have seen pics and had my opinions about what they may or may not be use wise, but pictures and actual field experience are way different. Maybe they are too new for anyone to have tried out and form an opinion.

I must say though that it seems like a good idea, I agree that they are "busy" but honestly I don't think you would notice the night sights during the day and vise versa with te FO during low light.